Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Yes should be, although virgo is quickly falling out of view after midnight being at about 45° to the western horizon. 

Scorpius, Serpens Cauda, Ophiucus, Sagitta, Aquila, Delphinius should be good targets though 

Thanks Damian, I'll see what I can get out of Virgo before it disappears and then work something up for the others - I've definitely got my eye on those Messier GCs in Oph though, I can't get anywhere near them from my back garden.

Oh, and M13 through your beast ;):D

2 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Thanks Damian, I'll see what I can get out of Virgo before it disappears and then work something up for the others - I've definitely got my eye on those Messier GCs in Oph though, I can't get anywhere near them from my back garden.

Oh, and M13 through your beast ;):D

If the seeing's good M51 will blow ya sock's off.

***WARNING this could cause aperture fever!*** 

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

I couldn't look at your picture on my phone. I'll try again when I fire my laptop up later.

Hoping it clears later as I am up for a run out to Winscar for a couple of hours tonight. At the in-laws for the afternoon and evening, but will pack the car and scoot down for around 10.30pm if anyone else is heading out, and if it looks like it's going to be worthwhile. I'll keep an eye on here later on to see what's happening :)

I'm up for Winscar if its clear also 

1 hour ago, rockystar said:

Cool, I'll find you :)

Past the turn off for the top car park where it says Holmfirth sign) go straight  down the hill look for entrance on right to Pennine Sailing Club

eric, or in your case Rockystar its on the left before holmfirth sign as I presume you will be coming up from Manky side lol

And, as I currently lack a power bank or leisure battery, I'm afraid I'll be probably leaving the engine running and powering from an inverter... sorry if that causes any probs for folk - on the plus side, it's a 500w inverter so if everyone wants to tail onto that rather than their powerbanks, that's fine by me!

Don't worry Marc. Set up next to me. I'm going to have to use my inverter too as my power tank won't run my mount and laptop. 

I can't see the map on my phone. Basically, go through Carlecotes and carry on past the right hand turn off signed Holmfirth (where we usually turn to head to the big car park). Go through Dunford Bridge and after about 500 yarfds you will see a little turn to the right with a Water Board sign next to it. Turn there and you will see the small car park.

It's definitely clearing over my way this afternoon so I'm hoping for a good one. It'll be good to have a get together regardless :)

12 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Don't worry Marc. Set up next to me. I'm going to have to use my inverter too as my power tank won't run my mount and laptop. 

I can't see the map on my phone. Basically, go through Carlecotes and carry on past the right hand turn off signed Holmfirth (where we usually turn to head to the big car park). Go through Dunford Bridge and after about 500 yarfds you will see a little turn to the right with a Water Board sign next to it. Turn there and you will see the small car park.

It's definitely clearing over my way this afternoon so I'm hoping for a good one. It'll be good to have a get together regardless :)

Plenty of room at the other carpark?

45 minutes ago, Marci said:

And, as I currently lack a power bank or leisure battery, I'm afraid I'll be probably leaving the engine running and powering from an inverter... sorry if that causes any probs for folk - on the plus side, it's a 500w inverter so if everyone wants to tail onto that rather than their powerbanks, that's fine by me!

31 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

I shall be bringing mine Vicky, Marc so if either of you have a multi cigarette adaptor you can both plug into that. 

If you have a couple of XLR plugs that would be better as there are three of these on it. 

NetJust in from what turned out to be a good night.

A fantastic attendance with Eric, Neil, Lee, Marc, Helen, Vicky, Rich and obviously myself. 

Clouds were present up to about 1:30am  and Lee then Neil making their way home.

The sky suddenly opened up and revealed some nice a views.

Saturn was my highlight. The cassini division very easily picked out and the detail on the planet simply stunning.

More later as sleep beckons 

Twas a highly enjoyable night... ace to see the size difference of Saturn thru variety of scopes. From teensy squit of a thing in ours, to nicely viewable thru Eric's, to glorious HD super-size thru D's light gobbler :D

We definitely need summat larger than our 4.5" newt...!

Archived