SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

22 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Doesn't sound like you had a very successful evening Lee. Hopefully better luck next time. The seeing wasn't great our way either, if it's any consolation.

No, I really didn't, it was pretty much a case of: I'm ready to go, now what shall I look at, oh, clouds!

Sounds like you had a rather more productive evening though.

Forecast is clear for tonight again though, with 4 ISS passes.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rockystar said:

No, I really didn't, it was pretty much a case of: I'm ready to go, now what shall I look at, oh, clouds!

Sounds like you had a rather more productive evening though.

Forecast is clear for tonight again though, with 4 ISS passes.

Was just looking at the forecast for tonight and deciding if I've got the energy for another "all-nighter". Can't lose these clear nights though.....

had a much better night last night, 2 fantastically bright ISS passes, first of which I tracked in my bins, 2nd in the scope - damn, that thing is fast.

I even managed to get my wife to come out for the first one and then she wanted a look at Jupiter.

I'll post a better report in the observing section (when I'm not on my phone and have my notes), but I concentrated around Cygnus and got a couple of new Messiers (an OC and a GC) and then sat in the conservatory  at the end for Mars and Saturn (4 moons, I think - need the check the drawing and compare with Stellarium).

Cracking 3 hours in the relative warmth, and no dew :D

1 minute ago, astrotyke said:

The forecast that ive got was for a cloudy night, clouding over by about 10om then getting more cloudy as the night goes on. clear skies saturday and sunday

I've got roughly the same Chris. Sat night looking good 

yea, think ill get ready for saturday, get some observing done. it seems  ages ago that i got my scope out! Daughters birthday party at home so i might have had a couple of beers, so prob couldnt drive to go anywhere lol might just have to stick to the back garden 

The high cloud seems to have drifted away. I can see Jupiter shining away nicely.

Not caught sight of any of the major guide stars yet though.

Only 19 days to the nights drawing in again :hello2:

Archived