NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Im gonna do my processing tonight if i get chance. 'Got' to go to Ikea tonight, does anyone else want to go on my behalf for a fiver, i hate the place lol

A fiver make it £7 and it's a deal lol

2 hours ago, Mark62 said:

A fiver make it £7 and it's a deal lol

£7 per visit?

can i pre-book you for the next year? All you have to do is pretend to look interested and say "yes dear, its lovely but we dont need it" at various junctures throughout each tormentuous visit.

After a beautiful clear day the forecasted clouds are moving in.

Tomorrow looks even worse so guess the scope will be taking a rest.

Nearing the summer turn for a silver lining.

1 hour ago, nicks90 said:

£7 per visit?

can i pre-book you for the next year? All you have to do is pretend to look interested and say "yes dear, its lovely but we dont need it" at various junctures throughout each tormentuous visit.

You've got to make it £7 there's ice cream to be had 

Shock, horror, I went to Dunsop Bridge on Sat night and met up with members of Preston Astro (PADAS) and had a great night from 2230hrs to 0230. Managed to bag M13, 3,81,82,51, Double Cluster, ISS twice,Saturn, Mars and Jup. Really enjoyed the impromptu night - except the god damn midges. Great company and viewing, gave a very welcome break from putting drainage ditches in the garden ? Only upside was I had a mini digger on hire for a few days ?

Lovely images Eric. Did you manage to get anything done last night as it was reasonably clear our way, but I did note some high clouds. I went to bed fairly early, but watched the 11.27pm ISS pass which was another beauty :)

Well, I am still suffering after those midge bites on Saturday night. Talk about itching! Did anyone else get eaten? 

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Lovely images Eric. Did you manage to get anything done last night as it was reasonably clear our way, but I did note some high clouds. I went to bed fairly early, but watched the 11.27pm ISS pass which was another beauty :)

Well, I am still suffering after those midge bites on Saturday night. Talk about itching! Did anyone else get eaten? 

No I didn't go out Vicky, I was too tired to be honest, Registax is amazing just playing around with it is fun, I need a good reasonably clear image to get the best from it I realise that now, but still quite happy at moment, next will be DSO target with the Infnity.

13 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Shock, horror, I went to Dunsop Bridge on Sat night and met up with members of Preston Astro (PADAS) and had a great night from 2230hrs to 0230. Managed to bag M13, 3,81,82,51, Double Cluster, ISS twice,Saturn, Mars and Jup. Really enjoyed the impromptu night - except the god damn midges. Great company and viewing, gave a very welcome break from putting drainage ditches in the garden ? Only upside was I had a mini digger on hire for a few days ?

Glad you got out Ian. That's we're we were going to meet up isn't it? Be good to meet up buddy. 

I bet they had to pry the mini digger out of your hands :grin:

First image processed of Saturn, not very clear as I think that was mainly due to the seeing conditions when I took the video, or ill blame the CCD Camera :) 

only processed it while game of thrones was on telly last night so i wasnt paying too much attention to the process job, so i might be able to improve it. it was from a 3min video at 60fps, i think around 10K frames, something like that. cant remeber how many were used to make the image.

saturn.jpg

1 hour ago, astrotyke said:

First image processed of Saturn, not very clear as I think that was mainly due to the seeing conditions when I took the video, or ill blame the CCD Camera :) 

only processed it while game of thrones was on telly last night so i wasnt paying too much attention to the process job, so i might be able to improve it. it was from a 3min video at 60fps, i think around 10K frames, something like that. cant remeber how many were used to make the image.

saturn.jpg

Nice one Chris! Another fisrt bagged for you

5 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Never thought two days later but yeah have a few little bumps 

1 hour ago, cosmicbug said:

Nice one Chris! Another fisrt bagged for you

Thanks Gain, how do i stop it from going grainy? Is that just because of the quality/resolution of the video to start with?

2 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Thanks Gain, how do i stop it from going grainy? Is that just because of the quality/resolution of the video to start with?

Grainyness....try this.

shoot more frames and at a higher exposure

do not over process or sharpen

try some softening/blurring/noise reduction in photoshop/stacking software etc.

7 minutes ago, cosmicbug said:

Grainyness....try this.

shoot more frames and at a higher exposure

do not over process or sharpen

try some softening/blurring/noise reduction in photoshop/stacking software etc.

ta, i shall check my software settings etc and report back sir :)

Archived