Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

Have faith Marc it is looking good for sunday night but saturday night from midnight looks good.

Some of the best views I've had are after it has rained only a few hours earlier. We shall see what tomorrow brings

Met check still has it mostly clear up to midnight then clear after 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scopes all packed away now - just cant see the point in setting up for midnight, getting 2 or 3 hours mediocre observing and packing away. then spending the following day towing big time with lack of sleep.

:happy7:

i'll get it back out end of july if its lucky.

20 hours ago, Soupy said:

Forum playing up, last two pictures of Noctilucent clouds over Kielder this morning... Wouldn't let me add a comment!

oh and a quick capture of Brocchis cluster for old times sake ;)

hope you all got out, and hope Terry's hand is OK Vicky, hope it's nothing to do with the fish and chips he is stashing down there!image.jpeg

Aligned with Vega & Arcturis ,got my very first solar system image Thursday night of Jupiter, unfortunately i didnt really have a clue how to use the icap software so only got a snapshot, I have been out this evening early and played about with it, thing i have got it sorted hopefully for a video next time and mess about with it on registax  see what happens lol

first image 02_06_2016 Jupiter.bmp

Nice image Eric. 

Damian no worries about the pics glad you got to share them, as you say I'm a bit stuck up here! But it's not Mars as I was looking North. So think it might be Capella but not too sure!

26 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Nice image Eric. 

Damian no worries about the pics glad you got to share them, as you say I'm a bit stuck up here! But it's not Mars as I was looking North. So think it might be Capella but not too sure!

Thought it was east as down the valley is south so i thought. Will have another look to see if I've lost myself 

7 hours ago, astrotyke said:

a satellite  perhaps, such as an iridium flare

my guess would be that the ISS was on the night time side of the planet and it was a meteor burning up in the earth's atmosphere. I'm sure there will be a sensible explanation.

although I believe that life exists on other planets (in some form), I don't believe that aliens have visited our planet - if they have technology to travel across the universe, what reason do they have to come visit us other than to say hello? And if they were that advanced, the authorities wouldn't be able to hide them and stop them from saying hello to everyone.

It's a dull grey morning over in my neck of the woods. Hopefully things will pick up and the perma cloud will exit quickly.

Scope is at the ready and I'm looking forward to a bit of eyepiece time. Also nursing a hangover lol!

Yea. A grey start today. Should brighten up a bit today but still some cloud around. Chance of some rain showers between 6 and 8 tonight but then it should clear for the rset of the night as far as I can tell at this stage. 

32 minutes ago, mapstar said:

It's a dull grey morning over in my neck of the woods. Hopefully things will pick up and the perma cloud will exit quickly.

Scope is at the ready and I'm looking forward to a bit of eyepiece time. Also nursing a hangover lol!

9am same here Damian, but minus the hangover ha ha 

9 hours ago, Soupy said:

Nice image Eric. 

Think I can now start to improve the pics as I hopefully have sorted the software out, can't wait to get out again

I couldn't look at your picture on my phone. I'll try again when I fire my laptop up later.

Hoping it clears later as I am up for a run out to Winscar for a couple of hours tonight. At the in-laws for the afternoon and evening, but will pack the car and scoot down for around 10.30pm if anyone else is heading out, and if it looks like it's going to be worthwhile. I'll keep an eye on here later on to see what's happening :)

1 minute ago, rockystar said:

Is the little car park different to "down the hill from the Red Apple Cooperative Workers?"

Yes, it is by the Yacht club across the reservoir 

Archived