Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Soupy said:

Panty weather? Does that mean we all need to dress up next time we are out? ;)

You mean you get to where your 'normal' clothes at last??? ;)

On 07/06/2016 at 12:12, astrotyke said:

First image processed of Saturn, not very clear as I think that was mainly due to the seeing conditions when I took the video, or ill blame the CCD Camera :) 

only processed it while game of thrones was on telly last night so i wasnt paying too much attention to the process job, so i might be able to improve it. it was from a 3min video at 60fps, i think around 10K frames, something like that. cant remeber how many were used to make the image.

saturn.jpg

I like it Chris

On 07/06/2016 at 13:52, cosmicbug said:

Nice one Chris! Another fisrt bagged for you

GOT, Looks like those 3 bad guys are going to get a visit from an even bigger bad guy lol I love this programme

eric

4 hours ago, 2STAR said:

I hate you lol ha ha

Lol i was going to tell him to '[removed word]' off. high quality pictures like this should be banned, esp as we know know what he was wearing when he took them. I have reported the said image to the forum mods and also to the 'Pants Astronomy night team society' dam, that spells pants too!! lol

18 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Lol i was going to tell him to '[removed word]' off. high quality pictures like this should be banned, esp as we know know what he was wearing when he took them. I have reported the said image to the forum mods and also to the 'Pants Astronomy night team society' dam, that spells pants too!! lol

I support this move lol

Just checked next week's weather and their Isn't one day where the scope will be out. It will take us up to the summer solstice (20th) quite nicely. It's darkness all the way then Peeps! :grin:

LIGHT POLLUTION - Who Cares!

Very few by the looks of it.

I had a look at the petition for signature counts this morning and after a short flurry of activity, the count seems to have stalled at less than 5,800. Which is way less than a hundredth of one percent of the population.

I guess we won't be getting our hearing in Parliament. Very disappointing. 

last night I took my telescope apart; while it seemed like a scary proposition, it was actually pretty simple and reasonably easy to put back together.

while it was deconstructed, I flocked it, added a carry handle and moved the finder shoe over so that I could move the telrad up between the finder and focuser; I drilled a couple of holes for the telrad, but couldn't find long enough bolts to properly attach it - it re-stuck ok for now though.

I also flocked the draw tube and the back of the secondary - for what that's worth - but ran out if material for my dew shield (don't know if it's worth doing that it not?)

I'll post pics later in the DIY section and send a link.

fun Astro evening without the stars :)

16 minutes ago, rockystar said:

last night I took my telescope apart; while it seemed like a scary proposition, it was actually pretty simple and reasonably easy to put back together.

while it was deconstructed, I flocked it, added a carry handle and moved the finder shoe over so that I could move the telrad up between the finder and focuser; I drilled a couple of holes for the telrad, but couldn't find long enough bolts to properly attach it - it re-stuck ok for now though.

I also flocked the draw tube and the back of the secondary - for what that's worth - but ran out if material for my dew shield (don't know if it's worth doing that it not?)

I'll post pics later in the DIY section and send a link.

fun Astro evening without the stars :)

Flocking good fun Lee.

I did the tube on my 200pds. Wasn't particularly difficult as you say. I'm still torn on whether I could see a difference though?

29 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Flocking good fun Lee.

I did the tube on my 200pds. Wasn't particularly difficult as you say. I'm still torn on whether I could see a difference though?

I'll let you know if I can see a difference in July when the stars come back...

The carry handle was a good idea, and hopefully moving the telrad up Will make a difference to my comfort.

Archived