SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to wish Soupy McSoupface a very happy birthday! Have a fab day Paul.

Chris - another scope? You'll soon have more scopes than Ursula LOL hope your Suze was in a good mood when you told her hehe ;)

Don't think we'll be blaming you for the clouds though - they were already forecast. 

Terry is at Pinferfields this morning having his trigger finger surgery, so fingers crossed (pun intended) things go well for him this time. It'll mean another 4 weeks off work this time, so that's going to be fun again....... Only hope this 3rd surgery finally sorts his problems out. He just needs to be able to do his job again. 

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Would like to wish Soupy McSoupface a very happy birthday! Have a fab day Paul.

Chris - another scope? You'll soon have more scopes than Ursula LOL hope your Suze was in a good mood when you told her hehe ;)

Don't think we'll be blaming you for the clouds though - they were already forecast. 

Terry is at Pinferfields this morning having his trigger finger surgery, so fingers crossed (pun intended) things go well for him this time. It'll mean another 4 weeks off work this time, so that's going to be fun again....... Only hope this 3rd surgery finally sorts his problems out. He just needs to be able to do his job again. 

I'd forgot our chair was a year older Vic but will be seeing him later for a coffee and a chat.

I really do hope Terry is going to be o.k.

If you are still working full time you may not have time to use all that nice equipment lol especially looking after Terry too.

Joking aside I'll put in a bid on it for first dibs lol :grin:

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Braver man than me lol

Hehe, well her first answer was 'No' so i though this is going well, then I told her id already bought it lol   it hasn't cost me much anyway so its not a big purchase which helped. 

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

I'd forgot our chair was a year older Vic but will be seeing him later for a coffee and a chat.

I really do hope Terry is going to be o.k.

If you are still working full time you may not have time to use all that nice equipment lol especially looking after Terry too.

Joking aside I'll put in a bid on it for first dibs lol :grin:

Thanks Damian. I've not heard from Terry yet, so I'm hoping he's OK. With me working so much he had to ask his dad to take him. I'm on lunch shortly, so I might try giving him a ring to see if he's been "done" yet LOL

Just wondering what you're wanting first dibs on...... Can't be one of the refractors...... ;)

14 hours ago, astrotyke said:

i made sure i bought the scope first, then told the Wife about it lol

That's what I did with my new binoculars - then waited for her to tell me about the new shoes she'd bought before mentioning my purchase.

i think it does depend on the size of the purchase though tbh. having said that, i once went to a car garage with the specific instructions from the wife not to sell/part ex the car. I drove there in a ford focus and came back in a Mondeo lol Her face was a picture,  and im still living (for now :) ) 

DEW BUSTER!
Gain's practical astronomy tip.
Get yourself one of these to blow off any light dew forming on your telescope or camera lens. Only £9.99 from Maplin, it is sold as a sort of car heater (must be a tiny car LOL) and runs of 12V from a cigarette lighter plug on the end of a 2m cord.
For this you get a low heat from a gentle fan. Ideal for blowing of the misting on eyepieces, mirrors, lenses etc no need to buy multiple dew straps and controllers etc. 
This is my third one as I stepped on my first and left the second somewhere!

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

DEW BUSTER!
Gain's practical astronomy tip.
Get yourself one of these to blow off any light dew forming on your telescope or camera lens. Only £9.99 from Maplin, it is sold as a sort of car heater (must be a tiny car LOL) and runs of 12V from a cigarette lighter plug on the end of a 2m cord.
For this you get a low heat from a gentle fan. Ideal for blowing of the misting on eyepieces, mirrors, lenses etc no need to buy multiple dew straps and controllers etc. 
This is my third one as I stepped on my first and left the second somewhere!

image.jpeg

I can't believe you're actually following the instructions on the front of the packaging as to where to point it! :hiding:

Hope Terry is ok Vicky give him my best and hope it works. I'm still suffering with mine so know how he feels. 

If your thinking of Vicky's big refractor as a finder scope Damian I hate to think how big the dobs going to be and how your going to get it in the car :thumbsup:

Chris are you going into competition with Paul ? Between you I think you're bying all the second hand scopes in the UK lol 

Hi guys,

Had a nice reply from a guy called John Harper (founder of Scarborough astronomical Society in 1976) to the light pollution petition via the WADAS emails I sent out. 

He has himself signed it and also run's his own web site which he has put it at the page top here :-

http://www.jonvran.co.uk/

Many thanks and please feel free to bookmark the page and visit for some useful information. 

25 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Hope Terry is ok Vicky give him my best and hope it works. I'm still suffering with mine so know how he feels. 

If your thinking of Vicky's big refractor as a finder scope Damian I hate to think how big the dobs going to be and how your going to get it in the car :thumbsup:

Chris are you going into competition with Paul ? Between you I think you're bying all the second hand scopes in the UK lol 

I might leave some for you Mark, i have some plans to get some others, might need to empty the shed of all that Garden stuff ive got lol

37 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Rubbish. You can never have enough telescopes :)

Shhhh I know but the wife might be reading this. 

I DONT NEED ANOTHER SCOPE :dontknow:<----- me looking round to see if the wife's looking 

Got my little heater but I couldn't hide it in Terry's bandage LOL

Terry's op didn't go as smoothly as hoped. The nerve was very damaged and they had to trim some of it away. Got his heavy bandages on for a week and he isn't to do anything with his hand. He will start physio after that. They've said he'll probably need about 4 weeks off work. He's OK in himself, just very tired.

IMG_20160525_203502.jpg

1 minute ago, Mark62 said:

Glad to see he's ok and fingers crossed for his recovery 

Terry's never OK, he's got me to live with! LOL

Thank you all for your well wishes. Hopefully, he will make a good recovery and get full use of his fingers again. Don't know where he'll go from here if not. The surgeon looked at his left hand whilst he was in surgery and warned him that he might "see him again in 6 months". Not good news, but what will be will be. 

Luke is well on his way to Paris on the school trip. Up at 3am for a 4am departure from the school. Thought there was only one 3 o'clock in a day! It's going to be very quiet around here until his return on Sunday night. Well, as quiet as it ever gets in our house with me about lol :)

Another dreary day again. Doesn't look like there will be any chance for astronomy again tonight :(

Archived