Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some peoples can even be predicted. Vicky will die of poisoning from either John Smiths or hit over the head by terry with a russain doll, thats my prediction anyway.  I myself might be killed by vicky herself for writing the first half of this post lol 

5 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Some peoples can even be predicted. Vicky will die of poisoning from either John Smiths or hit over the head by terry with a russain doll, thats my prediction anyway.  I myself might be killed by vicky herself for writing the first half of this post lol 

Haha, cheers Chris. I was going to open it all up last night and put a different bit of astro kit in each little 'doll' lol

No curry last night Damian as the vote was for a drink in the pub and it's better to have the gang together after the meeting for a good astro chat. The Marston's Pedigree was flowing too well though. Either that or I got that glass with the hole in the bottom.... AGAIN!!! Tut! ;)

Well, the clouds have been present all day. I know the DLB is out in force, but I was hoping to have a go at a bit of planetary tonight. Don't think that'll be happening unless it clears later on.

P.s. it was all Soupy's fault. His talk was that depressing he made me want to drown my sorrows lol ;)

Or, should it be: EVERYTHING is going to die... again, and again, and again... and again... and...   ?

PS: Have just emailed our membership form to the WADAS Gmail account.

12 hours ago, astrotyke said:

We could run a sweepstake on who dies first,you will get best odds on me due to my age , smoking, Benidorm Binge drinking, 42yrs as a downtrodden Prison Warder, two psychotic kids and a dead budgie that i really loved,  but dont forget the Asteroids or Comets and of course the obligatory no.10 bus , but the theme is that we are all going to die anyway !!!! Have a nice day

Eric  

15 hours ago, Marci said:

Re: the guest speakers conversation at Thursday's meeting - my cousin might be of interest (?) - he's doing/done a lot of martian atmospheric research & modelling... http://www.open.ac.uk/people/ljs639#tab2

Gizza yell if you want me to pass on his contact details to anyone in particular.

Thanks for that Marc. I'm sure Soupy will have a look into it

Haha Eric, not sure who will die first. Keep saying that one day you'll find me frozen solid next to my scope lol

Your cousin sounds great Marci. Yes we will have to get him up for a talk I feel as soon as. Please do pass his details on and we can give him a shout.

Think I might have to amend my talk to:

"Yes we are all going to die, but not for billions of years (with the caveat that this prediction does not include asteroid or cometary strikes or any rogue black holes or planets wandering through our solar system, annihilation by ourselves or nasty aliens or the number 10 bus!)"

but think the title might be too long for my first slide!

I have enjoyed all the images posted on this thread and especially  listening to most comments for some time now.

Unfortunately just lately  I've started  listening  to the songs performed by  Jennifer Warnes Recordings of Leonard Cohen … the master of despair.  Especially listening to songs on "The Famous Blue Raincoat"

Now where is that polyprop rope?

Rainy dribbly day, so started work on... PiFocus! 

RaspberryPi Model B controlling a 5v 24BYJ DC Stepper Motor which I intend to mount up as a handsfree focuser, with 2x Temperature probes and a radio transceiver (for turning various things on/off), also fully configured for live streaming from a USB or composite camera source, and running INDI server for AltAz mount control. All eventually controllable from any mobile device.

Archived