Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

The DLB is putting in a strong appearance now and drowning out Saturn just underneath. Mars is rising brightly ahead of both.

The summer triangle is up (Deneb, Vega and Altair) just a shame all the high cloud is fuzzing everyhing out 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, astrotyke said:

yea, dont think ill bother with the scope tonight, doing some work on the club site for a bit then off to bed for me

Make sure you get the light pollution petition on it Chris 

Well, as bad the seeing is, and as bright as the moon is, Saturn is still awesome!

The background sky was very bright, and it was very wobbly, but it is such a wicked planet. I could see Titan and possibly Rhea as well underneath (I wasn't sure at first, but a bit more confidence after looking at Stellarium and seeing its position).

And as I was down the side of the house and could see to the Northern horizon, I also found M103 whilst waiting for Saturn to rise over the trees.

6 hours ago, rockystar said:

Well, as bad the seeing is, and as bright as the moon is, Saturn is still awesome!

The background sky was very bright, and it was very wobbly, but it is such a wicked planet. I could see Titan and possibly Rhea as well underneath (I wasn't sure at first, but a bit more confidence after looking at Stellarium and seeing its position).

And as I was down the side of the house and could see to the Northern horizon, I also found M103 whilst waiting for Saturn to rise over the trees.

Nicely done Lee in such bleached skies too 

Typically as the DLB is out the skies are clear tonight.

I may get the scope out later just to get some star hopping practice in and bed the scope bearings down a bit more.

Also booked in for the South Wales star party from the 29th september till 2nd Oct. Thought I'd give it a go 

11 minutes ago, rockystar said:

thanks Damian, Saturn was worth waiting up for. Mars was rubbish though just a big wobbly orange blob.

Too much atmosphere to get a decent view. Me and the other's struggled at winscar last time we were there to get anything like any detail on it

You could always do one of your amazing drawings Chris. 

Marci I was always going to get one so now I have an excuse. If I get one can you give me a hand to get it set up as a focuser?

1 hour ago, Soupy said:

Marci I was always going to get one so now I have an excuse. If I get one can you give me a hand to get it set up as a focuser?

Yup - no probs...! Up to you whether you get rasp Pi model B, rasppi 2 or rasppi 3 - all are capable. 8Gb mem card minimum...

Tricky bit is mounting motor to focuser - I plan on tapping a mutual friend's 3D printer for mine once I've done the 3D model for it... unless I can bodge it with B&Q bits.

Not decided on the transmission yet - still pondering over suitable bits from motionco.co.uk but current plan is to raid my technic logo box!

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 13:42, rockystar said:

if you get the weather just after me, then no! It was lovely this morning, breakfast on the patio, then about 1/2 hour ago, it or poured down.

Its happened as you said, it arrived with vengeance !!!!!

Sky is clearing beautifully over Horbury. Hope it's clearing for anyone else hoping to get out tonight. I've been helping Sophie study for her Physics exam and my head is blown with particle science, forces, waves, mechanics and materials. I don't think I've got any energy left! :(

Now Sophie is saying that energy can't be lost...... She's picking on me again lol

6 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Sky is clearing beautifully over Horbury. Hope it's clearing for anyone else hoping to get out tonight. I've been helping Sophie study for her Physics exam and my head is blown with particle science, forces, waves, mechanics and materials. I don't think I've got any energy left! :(

Now Sophie is saying that energy can't be lost...... She's picking on me again lol

indeed, energy cant be created or destroyed, just transformed from one form to another. love physics :)

Archived