Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

On 20 May 2016 at 15:56, Vicky050373 said:

I did not post this 15 hours ago???? Posted it ages ago lol. SGL up to it's strangeness again....

I think SGL can't cope with you Vicky, it says oh no, not another post lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice efforts there Marc.

I keep thinking of making a tracking dob package but I'm too much of a traditionalist with a red light and star chart to find my way.

The DIY section is a good place to post your mods as people love to read about how its done and your progress.

They are great at chipping in with hints and tips on components, code and existing builds that may be of help as well as being encouraged to try it themselves.

Anyway well done and nice to see a bit of dabbling on the thread :wink:

Just a thought Damian. I have it on mine but it does not stand out as the colours make it do on yours. So I will change mine to coloured and maybe if others do the same it may be far more apparent.

Derek

19 minutes ago, rockystar said:

fab idea, but I have signatures hidden, so if never see it. Not sure how many people do the same.

It always hides it in the mobile responsive format. Only on desktop does it show up. 

Great work Maci, nice to see the speed can be controlled as well. Be good to have a chat see how you have out it all together.

Derek I take full responsibility for all the doom and gloom recently, but I suppose that's cosmology for you, although I did tell them there is an escape clause and we don't all have to eventually die! ;)

1 hour ago, rockystar said:

if you get the weather just after me, then no! It was lovely this morning, breakfast on the patio, then about 1/2 hour ago, it or poured down.

Thanks for the heads up Lee. The weather has definitely turned for the worse and it's looks like rain is on the way. Feet up with a DVD I think :)

17 hours ago, Soupy said:

Great work Marci, nice to see the speed can be controlled as well. Be good to have a chat see how you have put it all together.

Yeah cool - I've a spare motor & controller board if you've got a Rasp Pi hanging about... ;)

1 hour ago, Marci said:

Yeah cool - I've a spare motor & controller board if you've got a Rasp Pi hanging about... ;)

Yer like I even know what one is lol  never mind what to do with it ?

I think a raspberry pi is one of those things that you either will never own, or have a spare one in the drawer - you will never own just one!

half a chance of some clear skies heading towards midnight and Mars opposition.

Hi All,

New to the forum so thought I'd come say hi.

Met some of you at overton cricket club during the Mercury transit - guy with the rescue dogs if any of you remember. Sorry am rubbish with names so can't remember who was there!! 

Wondered when you were next meeting up as I couldn't make it down on Thursday?

Anyway off to continue watching the clouds try to clear hoping to get good views of Mars tonight fingers crosses :)

Rich.

18 minutes ago, rich6626 said:

Hi All,

New to the forum so thought I'd come say hi.

Met some of you at overton cricket club during the Mercury transit - guy with the rescue dogs if any of you remember. Sorry am rubbish with names so can't remember who was there!! 

Wondered when you were next meeting up as I couldn't make it down on Thursday?

Anyway off to continue watching the clouds try to clear hoping to get good views of Mars tonight fingers crosses :)

Rich.

Hi Rich,

Good to have you on board and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoyed the views through the solar scope amongst the others.

We've nothing planned at present but its looking like a nice evening tomorrow.

You've just missed this months meeting.

Keep an eye on here and we'll post up when we're meeting or viewing again.

Tomorrow night is looking good so you may get some nice views of mars which is quite low so teasing detail out will be tricky.

I have just popped my head out the door.

Arcturus and Vega are shining brightly and Jupiter is already on it's nightly march towards the western Horizon.

Not much else showing up in the twighlight as yet 

Thanks Mapstar,

Yeah had a look through the small Coronado around first contact, loved the view!!! I can't see much detail with my  homemade Baader filter just sunspots (which are pretty fascinating) so really enjoyed looking through it and seeing all the edge detail.

Just been out looking at Juipter through the scope. Have a short tube newt so decided I needed a barlow to bump up the mag. Arrived on Friday so first chance to test it. 

Not seen Mars before so pretty exited but its looking pretty hazy/cloudy near the horizon so might leave it till tomorrow and get some beauty sleep.

Will keep an eye on the forum for the next meet.

it should be 'ok', although it there will be a lots of moonlight around. Its low altitude  though doesnt help with the seeing, currently about 7-8 degrees in altitude. It just depends if the .atmosphere is calm.

Archived