Just Signed Up

Scrap

Have been looking at this forum for a while and have been very impressed with the content, the willingness of members to help and the amount of activity. So I have joined and although my knowledge is limited I am looking forward to participating. My main hobby has always been photography but I have been attending a once a week evening class on astronomy for about eighteen months that is run by the WEA ( Workers Educational Association) and would like to attempt some astophotography. I have just bought a second hand Celestron 130 EQ-MD from E-bay, the reviews on this forum were not too good but it was in my limited budget and apart from the tripod it all seems in good order - so here's to the future !!

Mike

Welcome, Mike.

I haven't got a clue about AP but there are many Loungers who are expert in that Black Art and who will help whenever they can.

Enjoy the hobby and the forum.

Hi Mike and welcome to SGL, I am sure, if you have been reading a lot of threads on the subject of AP, you will, no doubt, have come across a mention of Steve Richards book "making Every Photon Count" a well worth the investment, a good many of our AP enthusiasts, I am sure will agree, for those starting out to the experienced imager, details can be had from FLO see top of the page. Enjoy your AP and the forum :) 

Archived