Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi From Corby

markthg

Hi there.

Thought I'd introduce myself as I've been lurking in the back ground for a while!

Been an armchair astronomer for a few years letting the TV show me what i could just as easily walk out the door and find for myself, well the door is now open and I'm about to go out!

The usual info, 37, married, kids, dog.  Enjoy watching football not fit enough to play anymore!

Currently stuck between 2 scopes to choose from (maybe more after posting an earlier thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260825-choosing-a-goto-scope-help-required/ ), particularly interested early doors in planetary and moon viewing before stepping up to more DSO, fascinated by the Orion nebula so am hoping to get a good look at that!

Looking to join a local astro club, so anyone from my neck of the woods who can advise a good one will be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully get to interact with a few of you as i tentatively walk in to your world.

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum :)

Joining a club is a great way to learn. Astronomy is also a social thing in my book :) nothing beats long nights with friends, chatting (and drinking I admit) in the dark :) good times!

• 1 month later...

Archived