SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from a wet UK

sculmul

Hi, I'm Paul from Wirral between Chester and Liverpool.

Just bought a very cheap telescope to play with (astromaster 114eq), had it apart to clean it now just need to get my head around collimation and I'm good to go as soon as it stops raining.

I'll be reading and searching so hope to keep the stupid questions to a minimum although no doubt there will be some.

Hi Paul. Welcome to SGL. Unfortunately you're going to struggle to collimate that scope. I'm pretty certain that model doesn't have a centre spot on the primary mirror. It's a very simple process to mark the centre, just Google it.

Clear skies

Ally

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

They say "The stupid questions are the ones you don't ask" so please don't hesitate, I've learn a lot by reading answers to 'stupid questions' that I also had but was to shy to ask ;)

Clear skies!

Hi mate - feel your pain regarding the weather. Only clear night in months was Hogmany.....and I was far too merry to drag my scope out that night. Fingers crossed for some of those crisp and clear nights in the near future. Good luck collimating - It is easy once you know how. You are brave cleaning the optics, I would not be anywhere near as confidant so good for you.

Andy

Archived