Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

No Geminids

scotttumsh

I bagged what will likely be my one and only Geminid this year at about 04:30 this morning.

I didn't get out of bed for it. I was on a night shift. Even when the clouds drifted away to the south the sky was very poor.

My single meteor came after about ten minutes of watching. Gave up after another 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

No chance of me seeing any of the Geminids peak for me here, more damn rain and clouds, grrrrrrrrr oh well, looking forward to other members views maybe pictures, all the best guys.

Well, I saw 4 last night when I was out for an hour. You can have one of those if you like. :laugh:

It had cleared a little when I went to put the rubbish out so I took a chair into the back garden. No joy though, rubbish transparency and it clouded over again in about 5 mins. Must have heard me thinking about completing the drift alignment of my mount.

Brill here in Cheshire, seen loads, different colours, different magnitudes, best ever and once they've gone overhead you can hear the rumble.

Averaging about 1 every 2 minutes, some even seem to circle around for quite a while.

Apologies as I'm too close to Manchester airport and got a bit confused.

Total cloud cover I'm afraid.

Although it's been cloudy most of last week, I got out around 1:00 am to view Orion and one Geminid streaked though my FOV, when I was using my bins.

On Friday a meteor went through my telescope fov. Bit too fast to get a good look, but it's an achievement!

I woke up at midnight last night as clear outside predicted clear outside, to find total cloud cover.

Brill here in Cheshire, seen loads, different colours, different magnitudes, best ever and once they've gone overhead you can hear the rumble.

Averaging about 1 every 2 minutes, some even seem to circle around for quite a while.

Apologies as I'm too close to Manchester airport and got a bit confused.

Total cloud cover I'm afraid.

You got me going there  :eek:

Archived