Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

Ampthill

Hello to everyone from Bedfordshire UK,

Ive just bought a Meade AP6-AT 6" refractor on a LDX55 mount, What are anyones thoughts on this scope?,

I did have an ETX125pe, and got some good images of jupiter, Im wondering how the AP6 will compare?

James

Hi James and welcome to SGL - Can't help with your scope question, but thought I'd say hello anyway :D Someone with come along that will know the answer I'm sure. If not, then do post any questions you may have in the specific part of the forum.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi James and welcome to SGL, your new acquisition of the Meade 6" refractor should be quite a step up compared to your 125ETX. It is however an Achromat and it will have the usual chromatic aberration, fringing on very bright objects like the Moon, nice well made scope though, which should be good on the Planets. You might like to post in the: "Discussions- scopes whole/setups",  for observations from other members who may have the same scope, enjoy the forum :)

Archived