Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kielder Revisited - M13

Paxo

While up at the Kielder Spring Camp, after 90 minutes imaging on M13, I placed my brand new Canon 40D on a nearby bench, turned and caught the still attached usb cable propelling the said camera to the floor, so loud was this that dogfish on the next pitch heard it land. Cut a long story short I took the camera back into the tent, thoroughly cleaned and subsequently lost the data card and battery - Well they've turned up in some of the camping equipment - processed the M13 data. Taken on WO 110FLT with a Tele Vue powermate x4, 20 60 second unguided subs at iso 200, stacked in DSS, and a quick twiddle and crop in PS CS2.

So glad I found the card.........

Regards Steve

Edit. Did a bit more work on the pic

post-13953-133877341577_thumb.jpg

Just goes to show what very dark skies and -6 temperature can do for you. I was shocked this morning when I staked the subs, I had given the card up for lost. Thanks for the comments.

Steve

Hells teeth, that almost looks like Omega Centauri.

It's certainly one of the best amateur images of M13 I have seen.

Congratulations, both on getting the data to produce this, and finding the Data card. Also hope the camera suffered no ill effects.

The Miracle of Keilder this should be called. And I suggest you send this off to S@N magazine, or whichever other you please, because that is a cert. for publication, or I'll eat hay with a horse.

Just one query Steve. You said Imaged M13 for 90 minutes, but the subs were 20x 60 secs.

That's 20 minutes. Did you only use 20 of 90 subs perhaps.?

Ron. :shocked:

Archived