Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

After the Showers - AR2403, 23rd August

Luke

Hello people of the sun,

This is from my second bite of the cherry on Sunday. Conditions had not been ideal when I shot the sun early in the day while it was still waking up, so I wanted another crack at AR2403 as it is so nice. My fingers were crossed as the rain had scrubbed the sky and the blue that was moving in had a nice colour. Alas the sun was scintillating a fair bit, so I did not expect much from the captures. I am happy to see that some detail did survive stacking :) Thanks for looking! Luke

20246973394_92bcf2a41e_o.jpg

20248644863_bccc9be60a_o.jpg

---
AR2403, 23rd August, 2015
Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, brolly

Thanks everyone! Your comments are much appreciated. :smiley:

I have Saturday's effort on the AR to process next, where I think conditions were better, so I am interested in how it compares against this one. Trouble is, I am messing about with different ways to sharpen, could take a while :grin:  I want to double check that my new way to sharpen (2 doses of Wiener deblur in Astra Image 4) is not losing out too much detail compared to what I can get from Lucy Richardson decon.

I must admit my efforts at the latter are guesswork, could be I would get out more from LR with better settings, but it takes a while to test? The Wiener is done and dusted in seconds and for some reason I favour it over Smart Sharpen in Photoshop at the mo. Though really all these ways can work very well indeed and it depends on oneself too I guess. I got nowhere with Registax sliders but my Mrs took to them well.

Archived