SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The beginning of a lifetime passion...

7toZulu

I've always been a bit of a nerd when it comes to space/astronomy and science in general. I am finally at a point in my life where I've decided to spend a bit of time and effort into actually learning and observing that which I've always loved.  I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new Orion XT8 Plus telescope on Tuesday, and hoping to learn a lot from more experienced folks on this forum. My main goal is to eventually become proficient and skillful in astrophotography.  At 30 years old, having done and seen many things in my life, this new pursuit feels like the beginning of something spectacular. I can't wait to enjoy the ride.

Clear skies, friends!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi 7toZulu,

Warm welcome to SGl, Hope you enjoy the forums.. Stunning location, and as mile high city nearer to the stars!

That is some enthusiasm. There is a book called 'making every photon count', this will save your hard earned dollar in the route to imaging.

I've always been a bit of a nerd when it comes to space/astronomy and science in general. I am finally at a point in my life where I've decided to spend a bit of time and effort into actually learning and observing that which I've always loved.  I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new Orion XT8 Plus telescope on Tuesday, and hoping to learn a lot from more experienced folks on this forum. My main goal is to eventually become proficient and skillful in astrophotography.  At 30 years old, having done and seen many things in my life, this new pursuit feels like the beginning of something spectacular. I can't wait to enjoy the ride.

Clear skies, friends!

Hi Zulu!!

I too have just hit the 30 mark (earlier this month) and thought it was a good a time as ever to invest in my first scope! Sure you will find the folks here will aid you in making your new hobby as spectacular as possible!

Archived