Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Delhi, India

pushkarsobti

Hello

I have been following this forum for a long time. Interested in the Sky for years, never got the time or money to go forward with my love for it.

Finally I am here, a part of this amazing forum planning up to buy my first mount and then the scope and follow you all to learn as much as I can.

I have been into wide angle photography for the last few months, making a trip almost every month.

Have set aside around 600 euros for the mount and slowly get a scope. Need advice.

Feel great to be here.

Thank you

Regards

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. Hope you enjoy the forums and good luck with your choice of scope. When you have 10 mins download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try stellarium its great and free, to be found here :--- http://www.stellarium.org/this will help you learn the sky whilst you wait for your scope!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome 

Welcome to SGL.

€600 is a reasonable budget but I also know that India has some rather heavy import duties.

You will need to decide carefully what you want to do.

Sir I have someone coming back from Italy in July who would be getting it for me.

I agree the import duties are very high here and I would be limited with only a few options with my budget.

Infact I can extend my budget to 700-800 euros too. But need something light and portable, but not limiting upgrading it later.

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. Hope you enjoy the forums and good luck with your choice of scope. When you have 10 mins download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try stellarium its great and free, to be found here :--- http://www.stellarium.org/this will help you learn the sky whilst you wait for your scope!!

Yes Sir.. Download has begun.

Archived