Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New gazer from upstate SC USA

NewtonianBen

I am new to telescopes. I have reseached them off and on for a few years.My son recently became interested in telescopes,so his mom and I bought him an Orion Spaceprobe 3 EQ.His life dream is to be a scientist.He hasn't picked a particular field of science to go into,so we are helping him explore his options.With all that's going on with space science,I hope it's a field he can get interested in and prosper.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.My son just turned 12 years old this past sunday.He already has a college in mind,USC.I think he picked this college because it's close to home.I think he'll move onto a college more oriented toward his carrer path.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well your son has to start somewhere and certainly helping him out with a scope early on can only help him further along his road of learning - if nothing else, I'm sure it will at least introduce him to the wonders of astronomy and the night sky which can only be a good thing and perhaps something that he can pass on to his children later on.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks Nebula.

Just so you know - 'Nebula' is just the Member-Title assigned. You are a 'Vacuum' presently, but your Member-Name is NewtonianBen. My name is Dave, my Member-Title says 'Mad Scientist' which I did to myself in my profile settings. Soon you will be a 'Nebula' too.

A common error!

Clear Skies,

Dave

Just so you know - 'Nebula' is just the Member-Title assigned. You are a 'Vacuum' presently, but your Member-Name is NewtonianBen. My name is Dave, my Member-Title says 'Mad Scientist' which I did to myself in my profile settings. Soon you will be a 'Nebula' too.

A common error!

Clear Skies,

Dave

Face palm! Thanks for catching that.I'm dense to night.

Sorry about the user name mix up MarkJ44.

Archived