Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Devon

or8it

Hi All,

I'm a total beginner to astronomy and star gazing. My main interest is astrophotography. I've just secured an iOptron Skytracker which hopefully when we get clear skies I can put to good use.

Russ

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Russ and welcome to SGL - you'll be picking up lots of useful information here. Let us know roughly where you are in Devon, I'm nearby in the Cullompton area.

Martin

Hi Martin,

In the Okehampton area so will be using the dark skies of Dartmoor when possible. 

Great photos on your flickr!!

Hi Russ and welcome to SGL - What are you looking at getting into? Planetary or DSO images? I ask as they have very different requirements. If you are considering DSO's then a good buy would be getting hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website. Read it through once....... twice...... and thrice before spending a penny and then read it through again and you'll have a good understanding of what you will need and why. 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Russ and welcome to SGL - What are you looking at getting into? Planetary or DSO images? I ask as they have very different requirements. If you are considering DSO's then a good buy would be getting hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website. Read it through once....... twice...... and thrice before spending a penny and then read it through again and you'll have a good understanding of what you will need and why. 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the advice, the book looks ideal and has plenty of good reviews on here, will definitely look it up.

Russ 

Hi Russ and welcome to the forum and would also add my recommendation for Steve Richards' book as it is a very comprehensive guide.  I shall look forward to seeing some of your images as and when you capture them which I am sure will be very soon.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy your stay.

Archived