Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BOOM!!!

Psychobilly

If my maths are right and the Admin's haven't been having a play this shoudl be a significant Milestone for me....

Well it hardly seems like yesterday I made my "introduction" to SGL... (5/08 2008)... 

Hi my names Peter Smith

I live in Glais which is a village about 7 miles from Swansea in South Wales

I have just recently finished my DIY observatory and am interested in using Nikon DSLR's for Astroimaging...

Some of you will know me form another place...

I have a CPC800XLT which i mount on a pier in the observatory , I also have a Skywatcher Equinoxe-66 Pro with a william Optics Field Flattner III and Hutech IDAS Filter fitted to the 8" with guiderings. I am currently into widefield imaging using a D200 on the "66" whilst autoguiding using a DSI II C on the 8"... I have always been a bit backward when it come things like that...

I also appologies in advance for the many typos that you will see in my posts as due to circumstances beyond my control the left hand lags behind the right somewhat when typing...

Billy...

And my early attempts at Astrrphotography - A period  when I was in "space tourist mode" spending an hour on a target and stretching it to breaking point to get a pic before slewing off to the next one

9941_large.jpeg

To learning the error of my ways and with the help and advice of the members of SGL to where I was when I "retired" for Astrophotography...

15884406372_1eb5b1e58a_o.jpg

I am about to reach the 30K post milestone and become a Neutron Star  "An SGL First" - I hope it doesn't wipe out life on the forum and I can continue to enjoy this great friendly online community as well as the "real world" friends I have made and met at the various SGL Starparties.

It's been an interesting journey over the last 6 years and looking forward to the next milestone...

Who knows I might even come out of "retirement" and start doing some Astrophotography again... Only playing though nothing TOO SERIOUS as it will only be with a DSLR and Camera lenses ;) - Sorry Olly I couldn't resist :evil::grin:

Well the Wiki definition seems to FIt... I have underlined and italicized the relevant bit's  I'm a Dense remnant in a state of collapse

A neutron star is a type of stellar remnant that can result from the gravitational collapse of a massive star after a supernova. Neutron stars are the densest and smallest stars known to exist in the universe;

So wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and lets hope for Clear skies as well...

PBS_Santa_Snow.jpg

Psychobilly - AKA Peter...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on reaching 30,000.  I reckon that works out as a smidge under thirteen posts per day, every day, but I won't make a big thing about that if you don't :D

I feel a bit astro-geeky that I recognised the image as Auriga before reading the caption, from the "bent tuning fork" asterism in the middle of the frame :)

James

It's all your fault anyway  Steve  - You suggested I pop over  to have a look at SGL and got me into astrophotography with your Canon 300D images ...

One of my better suggestions - your contribution to SGL has always been appreciated. I've still got that old 300d and it still works a treat!

Congratulations and for C sake don't impload we need your wisdom

If you find it can you please tell me where it is ? It went missing a few years ago.... :evil::grin:

I sometimes feel a bit of a fraud when I post about DSLR astrophotography because I haven't really done any for such a long time :( I guess  newer members probably haven't seen what I used to get up to which is why I recently uploaded some of the images to my Flickr! photostream the other day...

I have drifted back to terrestrial photography and am out basically from dawn until dusk these days rather than Dusk to Dawn like I used to be... Ironically I only got into the astro side of things as I wanted to add rich  star fields to night time cityscapes...

Peter...

Congratulations for getting to 30 thousand posts- what an achievement! Sorry to be late to the party - the PC was out of commission for some radical housekeeping.

Thank you Peter, for your valuable contribution to making SGL a great community. 

I for one, have enjoyed your photography 'evolution' over the years,and benefited from your amazing generosity and advice.

Well done to my favourite Welshman! :)

Archived