NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello, just joined the lounge!

orion25

I've been stargazing for most of my life and love exploring the cosmos. I have two Mak-Casses that I regularly use for everything from lunar observing to deep-sky exploration. I have a deep-space cam that I use to capture real-time video of nebulae and galaxies. I've also captured video of the moon and the planets. I haven't done too much astrophotography, other than prime focus stuff; I want to get clock drives for my scopes in the near future for trail-free images. I've taken shots of the moon and general wide-angle sky shots. I am also a composer/multi-instrumentalist and write "space music" (among other styles) in honor of the cosmos. I sometimes set up my synthesizer rig under the stars and space out! Having Native American blood, I'm also compelled to play my powwow drum and flute under the stars (especially the full moon)! I've attached an image of one of my favorite constellations, Orion. I used my trusty Nikon D50 at f/5, about 20 second exposure.

post-39922-0-27422400-1415571699_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Orion and welcome to SGL. I like the sound of your Powow drum, sounds like something I could use when the fella at the back of me switches his darn outside light on :)

Don'tcha just hate when that happens? Fortunately, where I live now, that's not a problem. A little powwow drumming might teach that guy a lesson, haha

Archived