Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZ-EQ6 What a disappointment!

johnrt

I took delivery of a brand new AZ-EQ6 last Friday from FLO and I'm really sorry to day it's an absolute turkey. Firstly the axis in both DEC and RA are quite stiff making it very difficult to balance. Tonight is my 3rd night out with the mount and once again it has failed to live up to expectation.

Upon a successful calibration here is the first few minutes of guiding in PHD (top graph) which was followed by 45 minutes of good tracking and guiding giving nice round stars on 900 sec exposures, followed by the bottom graph.

15158231939_65efc6b2bf_o.jpg

The RA axis is wild and out of control at will. Such a disappointment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you can have a word with FLO and see if it can be returned? Thats if it's not a simple fix?

I'm sure Steve can advice :-)

Indeed I am with safe hands having bought it from FLO, I've already emailed Steve with my concerns and I'm sure they'll take care of it without fuss.

I took delivery of a brand new AZ-EQ6 last Friday from FLO and I'm really sorry to day it's an absolute turkey. 

Sorry to hear that John. We don't often see a faulty AZ EQ6-GT mount so you have been unlucky. 

One of us will see your email when we open in the morning then will arrange a collection and replacement :smiley:

HTH, 

Steve

Sorry to hear that John. We don't often see a faulty AZ EQ6-GT mount so you have been unlucky. 

One of us will see your email when we open in the morning then will arrange a collection and replacement :smiley:

HTH, 

Steve

Excellent Steve, thank you very much. It's a real shame as hiding in there is a good mount, as you say just unlucky to get a bad one, but that's the reason we shop with you, no fuss service :)

That looks better John, was that with a new mount or the original one with something sorted out?

FLO sorted me out in just a few days with a brand new mount head, which runs like an absolute charm.

I had the mount running twice now, delayed only by the recent full moon. I have to say the 2nd mount provided by FLO has ticked over in both imaging sessions without a hitch, delivering 900sec subs at 900mm+ focal length without a problem on both sides of the meridian.

Here's what it's managed so far - 6 hours on Sh2-132. 

1413137519797.jpg

Archived