Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

just arrived...

franz56

Hey, thanks so much for all these replies.

Well I have been interested in astronomy since the Apollo 1 tragedy, which is not necessarily a great starting point, but it got me hooked and I have been in there ever since. 

Trouble is, I live in the worst light polluted city in Europe (London) which gives me a huge disadvantage watching or gazing at the stars.

I have a 135mm telescope, which is barely enough to get through the hazy layer of London's air but occasionally (especially in Winter) we get the odd 'clearer' sky. Hurrrray!!

My favourite nebula is the Orion Nebula; I know, nothing too spectacular, but I love it because it was one of the first deep space objects I got through my first telescope... Sentimental!!

I am sure I will enjoy this forum as it opens so many ideas and tips to improve almost everything on my basic set-up.

I love the 'clear skies' bit!

So  CLEAR SKIES  from me too!!

Franz

Archived