Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just received my new EP's!

Danielson

I was like a child at christmas time when I received these babies, sucks that I'm still waiting on my 300p skyliner scope to be delivered :D

6mm Delos

17mm Nagler type 4

35mm Panoptic

Powermate "2 x2

I really can't believe the build quality on these its amazing

post-38776-0-46302800-1410254197_thumb.j

Oh that looks gorgeous, really, really gorgeous. There's something about that green and black and the quality they promise that run shivers up my spine :grin: You're going to be so blown away when you get your 12". Look forward to the first light report.

Hi Danielson,

Congratulations on the new EPs, I am sure you are going to love using them. Lucky fellow :grin:

To the other posters,

Does the powermate bring much to the party given the fl of the EPs - 17mm being close to half of the 35mm. I see the largest advantage would be using the PM with the 17mm Nagler, but too much to use with the 6mm Delos.

Danielson,

I apologise if I seem to be trying to take the wind out of your sails, I am not. I would be very please with those beauties. Jjust curious on you logic for your choices and interested in others thoughts.

Ian

To the other posters,

Does the powermate bring much to the party given the fl of the EPs - 17mm being close to half of the 35mm. I see the largest advantage would be using the PM with the 17mm Nagler, but too much to use with the 6mm Delos.

Ian

It will, as you notice work extremely well with the 17mm. it will also combine with the Delos when used on the moon or for double stars. 

Personally I favour getting to 6mm by barlow from a 12mm but hey ho we're all different. The Op might like to bridge that gap with a 24mm Panoptic. 

So the powermate can be called on to help in many ways. Its very diverse tool and an excellent addition to any eyepiece case.

It will, as you notice work extremely well with the 17mm. it will also combine with the Delos when used on the moon or for double stars. 

Personally I favour getting to 6mm by barlow from a 12mm but hey ho we're all different. The Op might like to bridge that gap with a 24mm Panoptic. 

So the powermate can be called on to help in many ways. Its very diverse tool and an excellent addition to any eyepiece case.

Hi Steve and OP,

I do not mean to be disparaging of someone elses choices. Assuming that the scope these are to be used on is a SW 300 with a f/l of 1500, the PM and 6mm delos would give x500. Is that not a bit much? Although i have been wondering how far I could push my 300PDS. I was thinking around the x350 Max.

Ian

Hi Danielson,

Congratulations on the new EPs, I am sure you are going to love using them. Lucky fellow :grin:

To the other posters,

Danielson,

I apologise if I seem to be trying to take the wind out of your sails, I am not. I would be very please with those beauties. Jjust curious on you logic for your choices and interested in others thoughts.

Ian

To be honest, I plan on buying most of the TV EP range in the future so I decided to go for rather big increments for the moment. I bought the powermate x2 just because I wanted the barlow off the check list :D

Thanks for the replies guys, I actually got my scope yesterday and will upload a few pictures tonight hopefully!

Danielson,

Ian

I will also apologise in advance as I'd not intentionally want to be a party pooper. There is no doubting you have got yourself some quality eyepieces there but with the 35 pan giving an exit pupil of 7.3mm in the 12" skyliner unless your young? to get the 35 pans full potential your eyes would have to be well adapted to the dark and your location free from light spill from st lights etc. I would also think the 6mm Delos may spend more time in your eyepiece case than it does in the focuser due to seeing conditions rarely allowing magnifications of x250 on anything other than the moon.

I'd rather bring these points to your attention before you potentially purchase a scope that may bring limitations to your eyepiece collection than leave it till after when you find them out for yourself.

Archived