Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Oregon!

pbeville

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick. I just recently bought my first telescope, an Orion 6XT, a few months ago. I absolutely love this telescope, I feel that it gives me enough aperture without being too overwhelming, but is also easy to throw in the back of the car and take it to a dark site. (I drive south about 30 minutes to a grey/blue zone area.)

I have the cheap plossls that come with it(6mm, 25mm and 15mm I think...), and also bought a Celestron Xcel-X 9mm. I'm thinking about a getting the ES82 14mm here soon. That eyepiece should provide me with wider and brighter views on the DSO's that I have been tracking down lately.

This hobby is dangerous, as I'm already thinking about getting the Orion 10XT next year... I think I can control myself though, I still haven't even gotten 100% comfortable with the 6XT. 

Thanks everyone! It's awesome to have so many people to encourage me and give me such a warm welcome.

Look forward to picking at your guy's heads for more information!

And michigander, nope, don't really care for baseball.

Hi, to Patrick, as well....another Oregonian on board, and looking to get better at star gazing.

I'm a Newbie to this, and have lots of questions, that can't seem to get answers.

I'll just put on a pot of coffee, and read/search to get the information to make this a fun hobby.

Thanks,

Archived