Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Ohio

brewaskew

Hello everyone.  Astronomy is something I've always been interested, constantly staring at the stars as a kid, and as a grown up.  I have recently switched from being a police officer to being a stay-at-home dad (SAHD), which while being a SAHD is way more difficult than being a police officer, it has allowed for my schedule to open up quite a bit and provides me the opportunity to pursue some of my interests.

So, I am actually awaiting the delivery of my new telescope, it should be here today sometime.  Along with that, I have also ordered a new DSLR camera.  Obviously, I am looking to combine the two and enjoy the heavens and hopefully take some nice photos too.

Hopefully, with being a SAHD now, the pursuit of my lifelong interest in astronomy will rub off on my kids and they will enjoy it as much as I do.

Look forward to being part of the community here and will hopefully upload my first picture(s) soon.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brewaskew and welcome to SGL, AP is a slippery slope into the dark side, as we affectionately call it, can be addictive and expensive, however, enjoy the challenge and your Astronomy :)

Welcome to the forum.

As the very proud dad of a little soon to be 6 month old boy, I can fully appreciate your hope that your little ones will catch the bug and share your passion for astronomy. I'm hoping the same. I think most kids have a fascination for the stars and planets above so, with a little encouragement, I'm sure it won't be that difficult a task.

As for being a SAHD, can't say I disagree with you that it's tougher than going to work. I reckon my work is a walk in the park in comparison :)

Archived