Hello everyone

Madgexox

Hi Everyone

I've just joined the forum and I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Madge from Manchester and while I've always had a small interest in astronomy I've decided recently to dedicate much more time to it.

I've recently been given a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p scope so i am trying to get my head round this piece of kit and learn more about the night sky and work out the best ways to view certain objects.

I'm also thinking of joining a local astronomy club, I think Macc Astro is my nearest, anyone here a member of it?

Madge

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Madge and welcome to SGL - Joining your local astro club is an excellent idea. Glad that you found us, there's some real knowledgeable folks on here who can help you loads :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Madge, Welcome to the Lounge, where there are plenty of very nice, and knowledgable Stargazers , who are always willing to Help. Enjoy your new Scope.

Tums ;)

Hi Madge, welcome to SGL and welcome to the Dob Mob.

Nice scope - you'll have some fun with that beast!

Get a copy of a book called 'Left Turn at Orion' - highly recommended (spiral bound - kindle version is useless.) - it's a really good guide to navigating the skies and explains why what you are looking at is interesting.

Clear skies and see you around.   :icon_cyclops:  m

Archived