Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi jenny from Oz here

Carina Lass

I will be touring the UK canal system this summer so decided to join SGL to keep myself up to snuff with Northern observers.

Presently (in Australia) I have a 10x10 shed with an 11 inch pier (both home made) with an NEQ6pro stuck on top with a Meade ACF8" OTA and skywatcher 102achro and SSAG as a guider.

So I guess not quite a beginner (though my piccies at the moment would not support the premise!).

My garden has too many trees and the Southern Pole is a swine to tune - and I've only had the mount a week and had to make my plate base (you can't find em down here so easily) as well.

So that's me - hope you all are having a beaut spring and are getting some exceptional shots of whatever is up there at the moment.

Jen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the northern hemisphere   You should love the canal system have done quite a few with the family.

I remember the sky's in Australia when we visited felt like you could reach out and touch them.

That was in Bundaburg.

Hi Jenny & Welcome to SGL.  Hope you have a great holiday when you arrive and that the weather is kind to you. Hopefully you will have plenty of clear sky's.  All the best.

Archived