NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Stargazer

chezwils

Hi Everyone!

I'm Cheryl and I'm in Essex.  I bought myself a Skywatcher 130p for Christmas and I am loving getting outside with it, weather allowing.  So far managed fairly respectable iphone pics of the moon and Jupiter + 3 moons.  I am hoping the clouds disperse tonight so I can try out my upgraded 10mm eyepiece and Barlow x2 that came today!

There sure is a lot of info on this site.  I took apart a webcam last night after reading about stacked images on here! 

Happy Stargazing! :grin:

Cheryl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an Essex group in the Social Group area.

Half think they meet up occasionally somewhere south of you.

Know of another SGL member in Maldon itself, does a fair bit of imaging.

Not the darkest place, would say try Heybridge and the sea wall but not at night alone, for safety reasons.

Wow, thanks for all the replies!

I'm down in Heybridge, but usually no-one has heard of it! Couple of minutes drive out and there is some good flat dark areas which will get investigated soon!

Yep, apparently now have a forecast for rain to arrive soon so definitely not going to get out tonight. , oh well nothing we can do about that!

Archived