Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi doing this all for my boy

peter12

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and a warm welcome to you both. You might want to take a look at some free planetarium software called Stellarium which is very popular among members here. It's got lots of great features to keep you both entertained and will certainly help both of your learn the night sky. It can be configured to match the night sky as seen from your garden which helps finding objects a lot easier and has an advance date/time facility which allows you to roll the night sky forward to see when objects are going to appear - especially useful when the little ones need to go to bed a bit earlier than the grown ups.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

James 

Hello to both of you. I also kicked off my interest in Astronomy with my son (now 8) - he loves looking at the moon and planets but finds DSO observing a little boring (too faint and fuzzy). That is why I started photographing them - so he can see what it is he has been looking at more clearly.

Archived