Hello Friends

kasheyev

I'm a young fellow from the American shore of Lake Ontario who has picked the wrong time in life to become interested in an expensive hobby.  My wife and I are expecting our first smaller version of ourselves this summer and I've been told by multiple people that raising children has a tendency to cost money.  So far the wife has been ungodly patient with me in all matters, but I'm sure our kid will require an assortment of devices our parents grew up exceptionally well without.

I've grabbed a number of books, joined some forums, and have been immersing myself in new information over the past several months.  It hasn't gotten tedious yet!  I appreciate the flood of beginners on the board who have asked questions and also the veterans who have provided clear, detailed answers to those questions in addition to solutions to problems I'm still months away from encountering.

Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kasheyev, welcome to the lounge,

and welcome to this wonderful hobby, kids are expensive, and over time

this hobby can be the same, the more you want see the bigger the scope,

the same with eyepieces, it can get obsessive, but it's so worth it. 

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

I'm a young fellow from the American shore of Lake Ontario who has picked the wrong time in life to become interested in an expensive hobby.  My wife and I are expecting our first smaller version of ourselves this summer and I've been told by multiple people that raising children has a tendency to cost money.  So far the wife has been ungodly patient with me in all matters, but I'm sure our kid will require an assortment of devices our parents grew up exceptionally well without.

I've grabbed a number of books, joined some forums, and have been immersing myself in new information over the past several months.  It hasn't gotten tedious yet!  I appreciate the flood of beginners on the board who have asked questions and also the veterans who have provided clear, detailed answers to those questions in addition to solutions to problems I'm still months away from encountering.

Thanks!

Hi there  :smiley:

kids are expensive and want the latest in everything  (I have 3)  but you have  years till that happens,  So you have time to enjoy your hobby, 

Plus getting your child involved in star gazing is something to look forward to,

I hope your wife is doing alright, 

HI and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, this is definitely a good place to find all sorts of interesting information to get you going. The folks on here just love spending other people's money, so keep your hand on your wallet at all times :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi there  :smiley:

kids are expensive and want the latest in everything  (I have 3)  but you have  years till that happens,  So you have time to enjoy your hobby, 

Plus getting your child involved in star gazing is something to look forward to,

I hope your wife is doing alright, 

She's doing very well.  She's as tough as nails, but the kid hasn't required her to be yet.  I've got a lot to learn before I can speak authoritatively about stargazing, but there's a long way to go before that's necessary.

Thank you all!

Welcome to SGL, Kasheyev!

Yankees or Mets?

dana

I'm much closer to Toronto than New York so the Blue Jays would probably get my vote.  I have tried to get into baseball but just can't feel that tribal sort of pull towards a team.  I love fantasy baseball, though!

Archived