Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS & Ganymede tramsit shadow Good seeing!

Space Cowboy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! Just realized there was a double transit shadow just after I packed up due to the seeing deteriorating and my netbook battery running out of power. Wish I'd hooked up the power cable and carried on longer darn it lol

Thanks Darryl these are worth spending some time on for sure. I've not done any "special" moon processing before, cutting then pasting back in. Would certainly help when using winjupos as I've got a nice smooth detailed planet but a messed up Io on another image I'm working on.

An excellent record of the double transit Stuart. Very nice indeed. Unfortunately not privy to it here as we were clouded out with rain!! But a lovely image and a pleasure to view.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks again for your generous comments fellas! Just been out tonight to capture the GRS again and seeing was horrendous the worst I've ever seen yet the seeing forecast said 7/10, go figure?

The seeing seems to be very local here in UK.   Monday night the seeing was horrendous down here, yet everyone up north was producing stunning images and saying how good it was.   Last night it was our turn in the south and I probably had the best seeing so far this year (at least for the first hour and a half).     Hope the forecast holds and we get some more fine/stable nights this week :)

Archived