Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt Solar Telescopes Incoming

FLO

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the 65. I'm thinking 35mm is too small, while anything bigger will be crazy expensive.

Do like the look of the 150mm though.

Have never owned a Lundt though I do hear lot's of good things about them. But having owned a 40mm PST, a 60mm pre Meade Coronado and a double stacked 90mm post Meade Coronado I would agree - 60mm is a sweet spot and it's the one I kept. I've always found that unless you're on a mountain top in Sweden the daytime seeing will generally limit you to about 50-100x magnification anyway, so aperture limited resolution of a 65mm isn't generally an issue for visual use :)

I was just thinking that the new 50mm scope has a focal length of 350,the 35mm scope I had had a length of 400.

This means with my lunt zoom I'm not able to achieve the same higher magnifications.

So do I get a few more separate eyepieces or use a Barlow........what do people suggest? What kind of high magnifications,should I be looking at? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the NEW Lunt 50mm pressure tuned scope will prove to be the new .PST. Saving up for one !!, having used my current PST for over 10 years, and only had to replace the ITF filter over all that time. John.

The the relevant part of the email reply I just got direct from Lunt regarding the LS50THa.

The LS50THa will start shipping in Europe in Sept.  The lead time on a new order is about 4 months out. 

Guess that means we have more time to save then ! 

This is driving me nuts, should have kept my 35mm but then I wouldn't be first in line for this new scope. Swings and roundabouts :(

It is frustrating for us too but we have a solution. You were the first to place an order for the new Lunt 50 so we'll happily send you our last Lunt 35 DX to use while we wait :smiley:

When the new model arrives we'll ask the FedEx driver to collect the Lunt 35 DX when he delivers your Lunt 50, then we'll offer it at a reduced price in the clearance thread here at SGL. Everyone's a winner. 

HTH, 

Steve 

lunt_LS35THaDX.jpg

It is frustrating for us too but we have a solution. You were the first to place an order for the new Lunt 50 so we'll happily send you our last Lunt 35 DX to use while we wait :smiley:

When the new model arrives we'll ask the FedEx driver to collect the Lunt 35 DX when he delivers your Lunt 50, then we'll offer it at a reduced price in the clearance thread here at SGL. Everyone's a winner. 

HTH, 

Steve 

lunt_LS35THaDX.jpg

Now that's great customer service Steve, as usual :angel:.

Flo will have to be put forward on this years list for possible Knighthood now :grin:

By the way Flo I wish I had not got rid of my The Lunt LS152THa  !    I really am at a loss without it......really...honest :lipsrsealed:

Honestly, that is unbelievable. I'm seriously blown away by the kindness and generosity of that offer. Nice work, Steve... You guys genuinely deserve every bit of business that comes your way. Makes me wish I lived a little closer (like, perhaps at least on the same continent :) ) so I could support your business like many others on this site.

... Makes me wish I lived a little closer (like, perhaps at least on the same continent :) ) so I could support your business like many others on this site.

Australia sounds like a wonderful country for astronomy  B)

Not so sure about the snakes and spiders...  :unsure:

... I suppose it depends on the honesty of the customer too and the majority of flo customers are. :)

Absolutely  :smile:

We were reminded of this last Spring. 

http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/20-sponsor-announcements-and-offers/

Steve

I can't help but think Lunt are letting themselves down a little bit with the delays. OK Ha doesn't suffer like white light does in periods of inactivity but given a lot of people work days and come the end of September those days will get shorter there may be those who will be thinking more about observing those stars farther from home and leave the idea of solar scopes till next summer :rolleyes:

I can't help but think Lunt are letting themselves down a little bit with the delays. 

I too would have preferred them to have waited until they were more ready to release the telescope before mentioning it but I do understand them wanting to show it at NEAF, it is a major event over in the US.  

Steve

So I guess the shipment will arrive here at end August.

It is now looking more like early September.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) demand for the Lunt LS50THa solar telescope is outstripping supply so it will almost certainly be 'on allocation'. This means retailers will receive only a percentage of what they ordered in an attempt to ensure they all receive at least one from the first deliveries. 

With this in mind we have created a pre-order option at our website to ensure you have a place in the queue. 

It won't always be like this. Over the next few months supply will catch up with demand and we will have them here on our shelves for overnight delivery. 

HTH, 

Steve 

lunt_LS50THa.jpg

Archived