SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunt Solar Telescopes Incoming

FLO

First Light Optics are now a dealer for Lunt solar telescopes, filters and accessories  B)

We are currently adding their core products to our website and compiling our first order so if there is anything in particular you would like us to include please say? 

Lunt_LS60THa_solar_telescope.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Pressure Tuned 60 Ha would be good (I have a tilt tuned 60, so not in the market, but as others say, the 60 is a good compromise on performance vs cost..)

The Sol Searcher, as pointing one of these things skyward really needs this to protect your eyesight

And get the big hat to keep the sun off your neck. (Get one and I will buy it!!)

And if possible, add the Lunt adaptor from SI for upgrading the focuser from std. to the Feathertouch. (Get this and I will probably buy the upgrade focuser too)

Gordon.

Pressure tuning is what makes the Lunts special which is why I went for the LS60T/PT with the B1200 blocking filter. This is the cheapest combination with pressure tuning that is suitable for imaging so I would think it's going to be popular.

Mel

steve, the lunt 60 pressure tune would be good to keep in stock. very popular and less fussy than the tilt tune if you decide to double stack later.

also worth linking your lunt section to some third party focusers as the standard Crayford is not very strong. Baader NT is a great upgrade. lunt overcharge for the feathertouch.

alan

Defo the Herschel Wedges. Every sub 5" frac owner needs one, even if they don't know it.

When the nights are too light, what can be bad about a £200 accessory that gives you 3 months of extra scope use when the family is awake and you have piles of people around for bar-b-ques?

Along with my EPs, the Lunt Wedge would be one of the last things I flogged if the financial bottom fell out of my world.

Russell

Lunt 60 PT gets my vote as the biggest mover, unless of course you want to get silly and go for a double stack from day one.  I really like my 60PT in DS, my latest pictures taken with this scope, last Sunday are here.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/208466-sun-day-in-ha-16114/

and a week or so before that

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/207656-no-sun-all-week-makes-drrobin-v-sad-ha-7214/

I have been looking at a CAK module, but not quite sure yet.  Of course an 80 or 100mm double stack would also be nice.

Robin

Lunt LS60Tha PT DS is going to be popular I reckon - also stock up on Hyperion Zooms which work extremely well for observing with this scope (better than the Lunt zoom imho).

TV Sol finders and B1200 filters for imaging as mentioned above, and ST80 tube rings & dovetail (or C'n'C equiv) cos folks won't want to use the supplied clam shell and camera foot for a scope at this level of investment.

I like to put the Meg72 with Baader solar film up alongside the Lunt for a white light comparison on dual bar. You may find others want to do a similar thing with a second scope. Hth :)

(Try not to sell the 60 with a 50 DS - it'll be returned 9 times out of ten - just doesn't work right)

Excellent advice from Brantuk. You cannot possibly stock every variation of the Lunt60, but in my experience of another very good UK supplier is that delivery of non stocked Lunts and accessories has been under 3 weeks from ordering. Not very long to wait in my opinion.

the ST80 rings and a sol finder is what I use, and also an extra ST80 ring can be used for mounting an SW Autofocus motor once the clamshell is removed.

So I would suggest the Lunt 35 as an entry scope,

Lunt60Tha  PT  and TILT tuned versions. Other variations can be ordered on request .

Herschel wedge in 1.25 and 2".

Lunt 60F DS, filter and B1200 as a combo and as separate items for upgrade purposes.. The B1200 can be used very successfully with PST conversions. 

Price and list any thing else you want to, and supply on request.

I would suggest stock 35s and 60s, and supply the larger apertures on request. If I was buying a 60 I'd probably want to buy from somewhere that has it in stock. But once you go up to 80mm the price makes it a very serious purchase and I wouldn't mind waiting for it.

Like Robin I'm interested in the Cak, possibly the module, though I understand there can be a problem fitting it to some scopes?

Great news that you are stocking H-a solar scopes :)

Archived