SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunt Solar Telescopes Incoming

FLO

Wow! Thank-you very much everyone for your suggestions. And your images, Robin, are superb :glasses2:

We have made a start adding Lunt Solar telescopes to our website and will submit an order later today based on the suggestions made in this thread. In particular we will endeavour to always have the Lunt 35mm and Lunt 60mm telescopes on our shelves for overnight delivery. And the Herschel Wedge  :icon_salut:

We will even stock the solar hats :grin:

Steve

lunt_solar_hat.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the responses here in this thread, and the PMs, this is clearly something we should have done long ago!  And I don't think I have seen Martin, SteveB or Grant as enthusiastic about any other new product line.

They are even suggesting FLO makes a Lunt LS60 1200 PT available for staff training. Such dedication...  <_<

Steve  :smile:

Just ordered the hat !!

Sorry, everyone, if they have only ordered one; it's mine!!

(Unless someone beat me to it...)

Plenty of time to take delivery, as we will now be overcast for months during the day as well as night now.

Gordon.

Judging by the responses here in this thread, and the PMs, this is clearly something we should have done long ago!  And I don't think I have seen Martin, SteveB or Grant as enthusiastic about any other new product line.

They are even suggesting FLO makes a Lunt LS60 1200 PT available for staff training. Such dedication...  <_<

Steve  :smile:

I'm not at all surprised by the responses Steve, I'm hopefully going to be in a position to order in the next 4-5 months or so, just in time for July/August time - the 60mm Pressure Tuner model that is :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just managed to convince myself that I didn't need a solar scope after watching Star Gazing Live now look what you've done :)

Dave

I know how you feel; I was trying to pretend such things don`t exist..............a fat chance now....................I want one!!

Judging by the responses here in this thread, and the PMs, this is clearly something we should have done long ago! And I don't think I have seen Martin, SteveB or Grant as enthusiastic about any other new product line.

They are even suggesting FLO makes a Lunt LS60 1200 PT available for staff training. Such dedication... <_<

Steve :smile:

I've lost count of the amount of times I suggested a solar scope offering for FLO.

I've lost count of the amount of times I suggested a solar scope offering for FLO.

It is true  :blush:

In our defence we try to add new product lines only when we are confident we can properly support them. We don't want to be one of those companies that lists everything but stocks nothing. Only last month a manufacturer of very high-end cameras visited us. They had seen what we have done with Atik and wanted us to do the same with them. We were flattered but respectfully declined because we know we aren't ready. We want to grow incrementally and at a pace that is manageable. 

Having said that, we do have other brands in our sights and hope to be announcing at least one before the next season  :smile:

Steve 

Concerning the 1.25 Herschel Wedge, with mine (sorry not brought from you) and others on here are finding focusing difficult whilst imaging, despite contacting lunt (no reply) and trying to solve the problem myself and buying the needs from you I (and others) still cannot focus, any chance of any help please as this might be a future problem for others

Thanks

Was your Herschel wedge purchased direct from Lunt? 

We have only recently become a Lunt stockist so this is the first we have heard of the problem but my colleague SteveB has been using a 1.25" Lunt Herschel wedge for some time now and achieves focus using a Celestron Neximage 5 and even a DSLR using a FLO 1.25'-T adapter. 

If you email us with the details we'll investigate :smiley:

HTH, 

Steve 

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard Lunt have demoed a new 50mm pressure turned scope at NEAF. Do you have any info on when we might see it over here ?

We are aware Lunt-USA are producing 50mm Ha solar scopes but they haven't released details. I'll post an update as soon as they do :smiley: 
I am guessing the one they demo'd at NEAF was a teaser. 
Steve

Hi,

This is interesting, although a little strange.  I would have thought that it would cost nearly as much to make a 50mm Ha scope as a 60mm Ha scope, so unless they discount the price of the 50mm I can't see them selling very many.  I could be wrong on the costs though, a 60mm front mounted Etalon is 2,060 Euro a 50mm front mounted is 1,375 Euro, so perhaps it does make sense.

Robin

I could speculate that it would be a new model to fit inbetween the 35 and 60. Similar construction to the 35mm but with the option to place another 50mm filter on front to double stack. Estimated cost....about £1200 for the basic model.

Or maybe they have designed a smaller version of the LS60T to fill the gap.

Archived