Narrowband

Lunt Solar Telescopes Incoming

FLO

I hope idle speculation about pricing is ok on this thread.. 

We will have european prices soon Joseki but I doubt they will compare well with US retailers (I think that is what you are saying). US retailers source Lunt direct from Lunt whereas UK dealers must purchase through Lunt's european distributer based in Germany. 

Steve

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got an email from Lunt in Germany :

the new LS50THa/B600 will be available expected in July / August this year.

Price in Europe will be 1135.00 EURO including VAT. Shipping cost to UK will be around 10 EURO.

I think if I get one, I'll be buying from USA.

at $895 plus about $100 shipping plus maybe 25% on top for import = £746 (assuming 60p to dollar)

I may though just wait to see what happens to the prices of the 35mm Lunt.

We will have european prices soon Joseki but I doubt they will compare well with US retailers (I think that is what you are saying). US retailers source Lunt direct from Lunt whereas UK dealers must purchase through Lunt's european distributer based in Germany.

Steve

Yes, thanks I assumed that it was a policy decided by Lunt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

just got an email from Lunt in Germany :

the new LS50THa/B600 will be available expected in July / August this year.

Price in Europe will be 1135.00 EURO including VAT. Shipping cost to UK will be around 10 EURO.

I think if I get one, I'll be buying from USA.

at $895 plus about $100 shipping plus maybe 25% on top for import = £746 (assuming 60p to dollar)

I may though just wait to see what happens to the prices of the 35mm Lunt.

Shipping and "handling" costs (not vat or import tax) for the L50B600 were $173, so I worked it out to cost about £800 in total.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Whenever possible we source direct from the manufacturer but if the manufacturer appoints a distributer then we must respect that. FLO has built a reputation for service, that would soon be trashed if she started grey-importing. 

Based on Moonshane's calculations and the € price the UK retail price for a Lunt-50 will be around £895. That is more than the US price but their price doesn't normally include US state tax and definitely doesn't include delivery, UK VAT, import duty and handling charge. And of course it doesn't include a UK warranty... 

HTH,
Steve 

Whenever possible we source direct from the manufacturer but if the manufacturer appoints a distributer then we must respect that. FLO has built a reputation for service, that would soon be trashed if she started grey-importing. 

Based on Moonshane's calculations and the € price the UK retail price for a Lunt-50 will be around £895. That is more than the US price but their price doesn't normally include US state tax and definitely doesn't include delivery, UK VAT, import duty and handling charge. And of course it doesn't include a UK warranty... 

HTH,
Steve 

I hope my comments did not come across as in any way suggesting FLO should do anything untoward at all. in fact the price differential is less than I thought and may well tempt me to use FLO anyway given the after care. I completely agree that reputation is more important than saving a few quid.

The new Lunt LS50THa telescope is now listed at our website. We had planned to wait until we had more info and better photos but we are receiving a lot of email enquiries so thought it best to add it now. We will update the product listing and photos as soon as we are able. 

based on the current exchange rate we think they will retail for £795 and £895 for the B400 and B600 models. We will monitor prices to ensure we are competitive. 

It is possible to order a Lunt LS50 THa telescope from our website but it is probably best to wait a while because we are not expecting a delivery until July/August.

If you would like to be notified when this new telescope becomes available please click on the green 'Notify me when available' button in the product description. 

HTH, 

Steve 

lunt_LS50THa.jpg

not jealous at all mate :grin: 

I am also starting to save as much as I can and selling a few things (non astro books and some other bits) on ebay.

in a way I am glad I missed out on your scope as it 'forces' me to get the one I really wanted since the first day it floated to the surface (i.e. the same scope as you).

not jealous at all mate :grin:

I am also starting to save as much as I can and selling a few things (non astro books and some other bits) on ebay.

in a way I am glad I missed out on your scope as it 'forces' me to get the one I really wanted since the first day it floated to the surface (i.e. the same scope as you).

that's true Shane,all the replies you had said to go for the 50,I think if u had of bought mine,it would have just been cos you want one rather than the one you actually want.....the 50 :-)

I want one :D  Can't afford it though :(

It's so nice in Summer, Gina, sitting out observing the Sun! :smiley:

Have you not got any gear you can let go to help fund it? My and Sarah's shiny new Tele Vue 85 (which makes a lovely white light scope among other things!) is being funded by sales, we're nearly there now :) Just as well, as we have to pay for it soon!! :shocked:

That's how I have paid for mine,I've sold everything apart from my heritage and a pair of opticron bins. I'm totally in love with solar now,so it wasn't a hard decision to sell my gear for this scope. It's definitely hard waiting for it too arrive though,it's going to be a tough 2 months wait :(

me too, sold an ethos, a couple of finders and am in the process of selling a load of moth trapping gear / books / bat detector etc that I don't use any more to raise funds. hoping to put zero on the credit card but if I need to fund a residual amount I will and pay off quickly over a short period.

Archived