SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

possibly Tuesday Night for me
been two weeks since I Seen seen a star, glimpsed he moon and mars for a second or two the other night but less than 10 seconds
if not Tues the weather says don't bother for the rest of the week

but you never know ;)

possibly Tuesday Night for me

been two weeks since I Seen seen a star, glimpsed he moon and mars for a second or two the other night but less than 10 seconds

if not Tues the weather says don't bother for the rest of the week

but you never know ;)

all we can do is hope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't believe it till I see it, but are things looking up, or did I emigrate to sunnier climbs last night whilst I was sleeping.

clear skies Everyone ( Hopefully,lol )

post-35627-0-59300200-1399844091_thumb.j

Yep, I jinxed myself and probably everyone else around here by saying tonight looked as if it was going to be clear. Now 100% cloud cover. Why do so many clear evenings turn into terrible observing nights!?

Yep, I jinxed myself and probably everyone else around here by saying tonight looked as if it was going to be clear. Now 100% cloud cover. Why do so many clear evenings turn into terrible observing nights!?

Okay class, discuss.

Almost 3 weeks into the doom and gloom here. I managed to get out twice in the last week during daylight to get a few shots of the moon but that's about it. As soon as sunset rolls around so do the clouds and I'm forced to retreat to the house and fume over the weather. Extended forecast for the week is depressing as maybe Saturday might be ok. Fingers crossed.

The Moon and Saturn put on a pretty good show last night here in East Dorset, but Mars was rubbish being so close to the Moon. The rings on Saturn have a lovely tilt on them at the moment. A couple more nights this week would be nice! :)

First night last night since 14th April when I could actually see Mars - so got the scope out to do some imaging. Just finished setting up and the clouds rolled in AGAIN!

Perhaps I'll take up stamp collecting instead of astronomy.

Peter

First night last night since 14th April when I could actually see Mars - so got the scope out to do some imaging. Just finished setting up and the clouds rolled in AGAIN!

Perhaps I'll take up stamp collecting instead of astronomy.

Peter

Pretty much my experience from last night :sad:.

With regards Scope Nights, anyone else noticed that this always seems to say that the skies will be clear in four / five days, but those days never actually arrive :BangHead:

I won't believe it till I see it, but are things looking up, or did I emigrate to sunnier climbs last night whilst I was sleeping.

clear skies Everyone ( Hopefully,lol )

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

now that's what I call a good weeks forecast :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much my experience from last night :sad:.

With regards Scope Nights, anyone else noticed that this always seems to say that the skies will be clear in four / five days, but those days never actually arrive :BangHead:

I am sure the authors try their best but SN is useless in my opinion.  That said, it's not the apps fault that the weather forecasts are so bad.

A I said on the weather discussion board, unless the UK weather starts to get a bit more conducive to astronomy over the next year or so I am selling up my expensive gear and will get a 5SE.  Two years of dreadful weather makes the investment in expensive kit a waste of time, I can use that money on stuff I *can* actually do.

I've been out 2x in the last 3 weeks and those were early evening to get a few shots of the moon while it was still daylight. Forecast is looking ok for tomorrow night so we shall see. Extended forecast for this coming weekend is also looking good  but I don't trust the extended forecasts too much. Will wait till Thursday or Friday and see whats up.

Yup. Thought it was just me, of course.

Same tonight: two days ago it was going to be 'good', that became 'fair' - and now I can see from my window that the clouds are rolling in ... Gimme strength!

I put out the Mak to cool late last night under pretty clear skies after returning from a trip to London. Just 30 minutes later the thick cloud had rolled in and even the moon was totally covered.

I did manage to get around 10 minutes with Saturn, but that was it so I packed up and went in.

There seemed to be some breaks in the cloud after 1am but by then it was far too late.

Very frustrating as usual. Hoping for clearer skies later this week.

I put out the Mak to cool late last night under pretty clear skies after returning from a trip to London. Just 30 minutes later the thick cloud had rolled in and even the moon was totally covered.

I did manage to get around 10 minutes with Saturn, but that was it so I packed up and went in.

There seemed to be some breaks in the cloud after 1am but by then it was far too late.

Very frustrating as usual. Hoping for clearer skies later this week.

The forecast up here was a clear night from 10 pm till 2 am though the Moon was up, when I went to bed at 1.30am there were still some clouds passing over head. Judiging by the chronic shortage of DSO images posted in the imaging sections recently I guess that I am not alone in having lousy weather. More of the same  for the rest of week here. Maybe if we all pretend to put our gear for sale the weather gremlins would leave us alone for atleast a couple of nights a week.

A.G

I have the grave misfortune to have to travel to London tomorrow for a meeting, meaning I have to be up at stupid o'clock and pay a small fortune to travel from Taunton to Paddington at peak time.

Typically therefore, tonight is forecast to be the first clear night in more than a month.  Tomorrow is also forecast to be clear during the day, but obviously I won't be able to do any solar stuff and in fact tomorrow night is supposed to be clear too, but obviously I'm unlikely to be particularly on the ball for that either :(  It's not even a meeting I'm looking forward to, nor one I expect to be particularly fruitful, though I'm prepared to be surprised in that respect.

*grump*

James

James: "Damn, so sorry, missed the train......"   ;)

It's very tempting.  Especially as a peak return, zone 1 tube, parking, lunch and probably dinner too is going to leave me with very little change out of £300.

James

Archived