Heads up: Explore Scientific Ultra Light Dobsonian 305mm

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is due for delivery next Wednesday (just had a call from the delivery company in Germany to arrange date & time - I love that German service!). It's on a pallet. This should be interesting! :laugh:

Confused, don't you need one for each eye? ;-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As suspected, UPS delivered about 2 minutes after SWMBO went out in the evening.  :sad:

I've arranged to pick up from the depot this evening, so all being well, unboxing pics this evening.

cant wait, feel like its my new toy :grin:

I've been following this thread since seeing it at Astrofest and am intrigued to find out what this scope is like.  The saga of Tom's telescope has really gripped me.  Every time there is a post it's like reading the next passage in a blockbuster novel.  I can't wait to get to the end and see what happens.  Will Tom's scope be unveiled today?  Will the scope fulfil everyone's expectations?  Will the scope be a best seller?  Come on Tom, put us all out of our misery.....please!   :grin:

Just to add drama, UPS were going to hold the scope at their depot for me to collect this evening. Quick call to see when they were open and it turns out....

​They are attempting to deliver it AGAIN today, despite me requesting it to be held at their depot.....!!!!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: 

Here's confirmation from UPS:

Track Shipments

Thank you. Your package will be held at the location below.

InfoNotice Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxx

Collection Location:

UPS Location

xxxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxx

Telephone: 08457877877

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 20:00

Could it be any clearer?

Can I get any sense from UPS on the phone?

Evidently I have to wait until 7:00 pm for the van to return, for me to be able to pick up the delivery......

I've planned my day around being at UPS this evening about 5:00....!!!    

I can't swear on here can I?

Hang on a cotton picking minute there Tom...Are you trying to tell me a courior service has made an error? surely that can't be right.:D. sorry...just trying to lighten the mood.. next week, when you're looking through the ep, all this will be a distant memory. Hoping it gets sorted for you and soon.

Scott

:happy1:  :happy1:  :happy1:  :happy1:  :happy1:  :happy1:

I am stocked up, awaiting full unboxing and assembly report/video/stream, beats EastEnders any day. As long as it doesn't overlap with the  tennis semi finals on sky sports you are forgiven   :grin:

I have some of this to go with it as well. 

post-30537-0-38252700-1396032367.png

Looking forward to reading your report.

Just one observation; The focuser and the RDF looking to be basically fixed on the left side of the OTA as you look at it.

Is this going to be a problem using the RDF? If you are right handed then usually you use the right eye when just viewing with one eye..if that is the case will the left side of your face prevent a good sight along the RDF with the right eye?

Home and chilling. Scope unboxed and assembled. Having driven all over the country this week I'm bushed, so will start a new thread in the morning.

c'mon Tom... It's nearly not morning anymore ;)

Hey, I'm up, so should everyone else ;). The older I get, the more elusive sleep becomes  :icon_cry:

Wot no new thread ?  hurry up Tom, I'm getting nagged to stop playing with the computer and do some gardening while the Sun is shining  :glasses9: 

Dave

Archived