Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

CozyScaley

Hello Everyone. I'm a complete novice at stargazing having just bought my first telescope; a Skywatcher Explorer 130. I live in North Lincolnshire and have been retired for 9 years now. I'm also a keen photographer (mainly nature), so hope to get into a bit of astrophotography. But I thought I'd just get used to using the telescope and finding my way a round the night sky, before attempting this. I'm sure there'll lots of info on this subject from those who are experts at this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good idea to bed yourself in with the visual side for now and have fun learning the sky and enjoy the view. If imaging is your long term goal, I would strongly suggest getting a cope of Steve Richards', "Making Every Photon Count" in the meantime as it will provide you with a very comprehensive guide on what kit you need to take good consistent images. There are some similarities with terrestrial imaging but in the main the technical considerations are quite different and the above book will help guide you through the different types of imaging that can be done.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Im new to this forum and to astonomy. But im keen to get started hope to take as much advice as I can from all you experts out there

Come along to the North Lincs astro society Andy, and you can get advice from the experts face to face.

Plus the chance to try out some scopes

Archived