Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anti virus software

baggywrinkle

I think you'll need to download something from Norton to get rid of it, I removed it once and it didn't go quietly :)

Dave

I had to spend a long time in my pal's registry to remove all the detrius Norton left.

Like a disgruntled tenant with an eviction notice...:D

You are quite right Dave - I was helping a friend to move away from Norton (yuck) and it put up quite a struggle before I finally managed to slain it :evil:

Having said so... all of them (including Avast and AVG) engage in dodgy practices of surreptitiously "sneaking in" things like chrome or google toolbars etc.

They are also trying to fool you with "free trial" versions as opposed to "free" versions etc.

Proceed carefully watching what you doing before clicking the mouse (most of the people seem to click before engaging brain in gear) and you will be OK :grin:

I personally have used both AVG and Avast and currently prefer and recommend the latter (but either is fine).

Avast, but not for XP as I was told by them they do not support E.I 8 and told to use Google Chrome which I don't like so went for windows Security Essentials.

It's IE8, as you say - good point about that.

I have totally forgotten about it because I never use any IE.

I am using Avast happily with XP and Firefox

Archived