NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Sussex

Robbo AR

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
I've been lurking for some time and have found this a great forum for learning stuff. I like the fact that everybody seems friendly and happy to help newbies (like myself)

Anyhow , I've taken the plunge and ordered my first telescope and mount (Skywatcher 150p and EQ5) so if it rains all year this year it's probably my fault :)
Looking forward to getting the scope and getting out there (if it ever stops raining)

You can all expect to be badgered by questions from me in the future lol.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and have also benefitted from the knowledge and information that's available. Congratulations on your new order, I bet you are very excited!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Robbo welcome to the lounge,

nice choice of scope and mount, with all the new scopes

around the rain is not just your fault, but it has contributed.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's (soon I hope)

and Happy New Year.

Hello and welcome to SGL!

Doesn't look like we are going to be getting out any time soon, but astronomers are nothing if not optimistic!!! :undecided:  At least you can make use of this bad weather by practicing setting up the mount and even getting the finderscope lined up with the main tube if you have a distant object that you can use as a target from one of your windows.

Hope you get 'first light' soon if you haven't already and good luck with your new scope.

Archived