NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If you're only allowed one eyepiece per session...

emadmoussa

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 mm for me ?

My 8mm BST Starguider? (60°AFOV) 150x  (0.4 TFOV )  gets used the most from my light polluted observatory in any one session. The 25mm was better at the darker site for DSO, M31,  but from home observatory, its just a  little smudge due to skyglow, So 8mm for the Moon, Jupiter, Stars, satelites!!

Pondering on a 40mm purchase so that the full exit pupil is available to younger members of family, or a 35mm EP for DSO. Barlow first, but now Im off on a tangent here.

Ans: 8 mm for me ?

My 21mm Ethos for me, definitely the eyepiece that spends the longest in my focuser when I'm out.

With my 1829 focal length it gives 1.15deg TFOV so most DSOs fit in the FOV but a magnification of x87 so your close enough into the target for some nice detail.

I owe Estwing a big thank you for introducing me to the Ethos wonders, although my wallet might think otherwise!

Archived