Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Mizuko

Mizuko

Hello folks!

Joined the forum today, after few days of checking out different types of telescopes for a starter. Got already a warm welcome at the getting started section.

My number one option at the moment is the Skywatcher Skyliner 150p (Classic 6" f/8 parabolic) Dobsonian. Would like to get my hands on it asap, but still getting know the options available.

So I am from Finland, the land of cold nights and preparing to get some serious layering in clothing also before starting this new hobby... :)

Hi, Mizuko, and welcome to SGL! The 150P is a very competent  telescope which, in my opinion, is often overlooked.  It is easy to transport, small enough to carry and yet large enough to see many of the deep sky objects - especially from a dark site. I used mine for visual for quite some time, and now mount it on a CG5 for astrophotography.

Martin

Welcome to SGL mate :)

Im happy with cold nights as long as they are clear nights.  Starting to forget what a clear night looks like here in England lol.

From what i have read you cant go far wrong with the 150p and they are certainly cheap enough for a good first scope.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Interestingly enough I have just recommended this scope to another new member because of its cost aperture and quick set up times. However, if I am being truly honest, I think the 200P would offer better value for money along with reducing the desire to upgrade (...called aperture fever! :grin: ) which can quickly take over after a few nights of using your new scope - I know as I am a sufferer of this very condition.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: It also holds a better resale value should you wish to sell it later on as this scope will be on most beginners' wish list.

Clear skies

Archived