Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Newbie :)

SimonS

Hi all,

First post on here so best to introduce myself :smiley:

My name is Simon, I'm 24 and live in S.Wales. I have had an interest in astronomy for as long as I can remember, and I love looking up to the night sky on a (occasionally) clear night.

I am a 2nd year student at the University of South Wales studying Observational Astronomy, in which I am lucky enough to have access to two research grade optical (Faulkes) and 2 research radio telescopes (Onsala) which are all proving very useful for my current research into the HI within the Milky Way.

Astrophotography is a new venture for me and I am looking forward to learning a lot from people over the coming time and making friends along the way.

Simon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon and welcome to SGL. There are certainly a lot of people on here who can help you with any questions you may have. I must say I am very jealous of your course and would love to be able to give the time to a full time course in astronomy.

Good luck with your studies and I hope it leads to your dream career.

Archived