Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New guy here to steal all your wisdom & knowledge :)

RyanNehring

Hello all, my names Ryan and I have come to benefit from all the hard work you guys have put in over the years learning the intricacies of astronomy and astro-imaging in an effort to avoid having to actually do it myself :)  I'm here to stand on the shoulders of giants and call myself tall lol

All jokes aside though, I've already learned a ton through the site via lurking and I really appreciate it!  I'm pretty new to astronomy.  I have a Nexstar 6SE I bought about a year ago that didn't see much use until the second half of the year so it feels more like a few months.  Gotten very addicted and interested in astro-imaging.  Recently picked up the Orion 50mm guide scope & Start Shoot autoguider package so I'm hoping that'll help improve my results, however I live in Michigan so I haven't had a clear day in the last 2 weeks to actually try it out of course lol  Once I get some clear skies, I'll probably be here begging for advice on how to use it properly haha  Looking forward to being more active on the site and thanks again to you guys for being here and providing so much info for beginners like me!

Welcome to SGL Ryan - Won't take you long to bleed my brain dry!!!

If you are into astro imaging, try to get hold of the book 'Making every Photon Count' that is available from the FLO website in their book section. Something of an imagers bible, it really will help you loads. Probably the best book you'll ever get for imaging.

If you take a look in the imaging section, most people put information in their imaging threads, kit used, exposure times etc. Will help you get a feel for what can be achieved.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL, Ryan!

I used to think Michigan had miserable weather - then I came over here! The rainy season lasts all year in the UK....

I'm from Constantine, but I just tell people here that I lived 25 miles south of Kalamazoo.

Tigers fan?

Dana

Archived