Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chap I bought the EP from seems nice, and we have been exchanging e-mails - think I have found someone who can talk as much as me! "Not possible!" I hear you cry lol ;)

He mainly does AP, and has had to sell some of his lesser used Astro-gear to fund the purchase of a new laptop with enough processing power for all his AP equipment and associated programmes. I'd hate to have to sell decent gear to fund something else, but needs must sometimes I guess.

Anyway, he says to keep in touch so that we can keep each other informed with our AP progress - it's good to make new Astro-friends :)

The chap I bought the EP from seems nice, and we have been exchanging e-mails - think I have found someone who can talk as much as me! "Not possible!" I hear you cry lol ;)

He mainly does AP, and has had to sell some of his lesser used Astro-gear to fund the purchase of a new laptop with enough processing power for all his AP equipment and associated programmes. I'd hate to have to sell decent gear to fund something else, but needs must sometimes I guess.

Anyway, he says to keep in touch so that we can keep each other informed with our AP progress - it's good to make new Astro-friends :)

Yer fibbing again Ursula we know, stop trying to convince us there's someone out there who wears a keyboard out faster lol

Yer fibbing again Ursula we know, stop trying to convince us there's someone out there who wears a keyboard out faster lol

Ha ha I actually do most of my posting using the iPad - I have tapped away at the surface of the glass so often, I think it has got a curve on it resembling your mirror Damian - I probably have an F3.7 iPad he he ;)

Completed the power mod to my EQ6 mount this afternoon. It uses a REAN Tiny XLR connector, which is much more secure than the standard push fit DC power plug.

XLR plugs are the way to go with everything Matt great choice.

Meant to ask before has anyone got a projector that I could borrow.

The kind that can be linked to a laptop for a talk as we use at horbury in our meetings?

I'm not desperate for it but would be nice to know I have access to one if needed

Meant to ask before has anyone got a projector that I could borrow.

The kind that can be linked to a laptop for a talk as we use at horbury in our meetings?

I'm not desperate for it but would be nice to know I have access to one if needed

No sorry Damian are you taking ur mirror talk on the road at some time?

Mark

done a similar power mod to my mount this morning, couldn't get mini xlr so used a 2 pin locking plug and socket, then realised that it will fit either way around,  so will have to mark the connectors to make sure of correct polarity.

have also left the original power socket connected so I have both options if needed

IMG_0005_zpsc8mcakgh.jpg

(why is it soldering always seems to need a third hand lol)

Looks good Leigh. Boy, you're all getting very tecchie! Great stuff. I'm only just getting to grips with a screwdriver :)

You should see the flex capacitor I've built for my car :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived