SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hopefully you'll get set up before that pesky moon gets in the way, or you might have to resort to a bit of lunar viewing :)

Me 2. Moons up at 9: 35 I think. Got to get her there for 8, then put kids to bed, then get scope out, so who knows what time lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished & tested the 12v power & USB box for the pier, seems to work ok. Might actually get to use it tonight as well.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Is that the home made box Matt?

Did anyone just see that bright light, like an iridium flare, heading down towards the area of Polaris?

It was really bright, but I don't have Heavens Above to see what it was.

Can anyone look to see if it was an iridium flare please - it was a good one! :)

Did anyone just see that bright light, like an iridium flare, heading down towards the area of Polaris?

Can anyone look to see if it was an iridium flare please - it was a good one! :)

I mist it, might have been. There's a -4.5 one at 8:02 between Cygnus and pegesus, but I'll be driving. That's for my location thigh and they can be very localised

Yes, it's got 4x USB ports, 2x 12v outputs (EQ6 & Atik CCD), 3x 12v cig socket outputs, 3x dew heater controllers & a 7.4v output (Canon DSLR). So covers pretty much all my kit.

Sent from my OnePlus One

That sounds really good Matt.

Thanks for the advice but I will need to learn the night skies, that's why I really want to join your club, another thing since I just moved I wouldn't have anywhere to keep an 8" DOB, until I get the house finished and get a shed but I was thinking about on of these as an upgrade for later on, and I don't know who Soupy is lol about the second had option

The second hand route is a good way too discuss that with Soupy

If it is initially for visual I would go for an 8" dob although you would have to learn the skies manually.

Iridium 39    @ 7.31.03 pm

Yeah I saw it low on the horizon, while I was walking the dogs

I mist it, might have been. There's a -4.5 one at 8:02 between Cygnus and pegesus, but I'll be driving. That's for my location thigh and they can be very localised

Thanks for the advice but I will need to learn the night skies, that's why I really want to join your club, another thing since I just moved I wouldn't have anywhere to keep an 8" DOB, until I get the house finished and get a shed but I was thinking about on of these as an upgrade for later on, and I don't know who Soupy is lol about the second had option

Soupy will be me... ;)

I tend to scour eBay for some second hand bargain scopes... :) pick up quite a few!

Looks good that Matt - well done. Hope the skies are better up your way than here, as it has started to come over quite cloudy now.

Well, I have had a fairly productive hour. Conclusion is that the RDF will not line up when mounted through the DSLR piggy-back. Hopefully all is not lost. I have taken it off and put the RDF back in it's original position, and Bob's your uncle, I've got it aligned pretty much spot on again. So, what I'm going to have to do is attach the DSLR piggy-back mount a bit further round away from the RDF.

Did a tiny bit of viewing before the clouds came in - got the double double looking beautiful in my 6mm EP - could split the full system wonderfully. Pleased with that one.

Had a quick scout around Cassiopeia and got a couple of nice clusters in the 20mm EP, but wasn't taking note of which ones they were. The cloud was coming in quite thick, so decided to call it a night.

Just about to finish packing up. Then it'll be time for a nice cold beer whilst I sort this piggy-back mount out. Hopefully, it should be straight forward.

Hope some of you have clearer skies than I have and get some decent viewing/imaging done :)

Archived