Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hi yeah I am going to attend the meeting on the 5th I think that's the earliest one am allowed to attend,

this is the scope I have now, given to me for free lol but like I said I understand the basics of the e.q mount

but still would like a goto mount for my back garden, would love a DOB  tbh but no where to keep one as yet I am working on that as I plan on getting one at a later date

The 130p is a good starter scope and the 127 probably wouldn't show you much difference apart from the goto and seeing more with it.

Plenty of time and attending a meet would probably cement what you want

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as my post above the scope I have now I use for the moon

It's not a bad little starter scope Mark. I have a CG-3 EQ mount for my 80mm refractor, which is similar to the EQ2, and they do take a bit of getting used to.

Keep an eye on the thread if we have any meet-ups for viewing, and hopefully you'll be able to join us to have a look at some other scopes before you make a purchase :)

Pale, poorly and in a lot of pain. I do feel for him, but can't do anything for him other than just leave him alone to rest.

He's got to keep his arm elevated, so I think he'll probably end up dozing on the couch tonight.

He's just had some more pain killers - think he's had his maximum for today now.

He doesn't look right cracking. Poor fella :(

I'm sure it's just the first day that will be the most painful and I wish him a speedy recovery.

That's sounds brilliant, hope there is a meet up for viewing then rather than wait until the 5th November

It's not a bad little starter scope Mark. I have a CG-3 EQ mount for my 80mm refractor, which is similar to the EQ2, and they do take a bit of getting used to.
Keep an eye on the thread if we have any meet-ups for viewing, and hopefully you'll be able to join us to have a look at some other scopes before you make a purchase :)

Hope it going round and round and round and round... Etc... Is not too boring!

If you are free tomorrow evening you could pop up and stop over! Got a spare room. ;) let me know

Final test of the day revealed all the work put in over the last three days has paid off and we are now onto the main event. Parabolizing

Yay!!

Hey Vicky my mate is one of the profilers on hunted. Couldn't believe she was on it until I watch it last week. :)

Cool! You should watch it on catch-up as it's been a really interesting series. I don't think I could go off the radar for 28 days - I'd need to go cold turkey on SGL, and I'd struggle not posting on here for 1 day, let alone 28! LOL ;)

Final test of the day revealed all the work put in over the last three days has paid off and we are now onto the main event. Parabolizing

Yay!!

Excellent news Damain... So pleased for you mate glad it has worked! The journey is almost over :)

Cool! You should watch it on catch-up as it's been a really interesting series. I don't think I could go off the radar for 28 days - I'd need to go cold turkey on SGL, and I'd struggle not posting on here for 1 day, let alone 28! LOL ;)

I thought it was 1 hour not 1 day!

I watched it last week, need to catch up. It's been nearly 20 years since I spoke to her, been speaking to her this week, been really good to catch up with her.

Try to watch them in order if you can to keep the time lines straight - plus you don't want to know who does and doesn't get caught :)

Right I'm off to bed... Fog has rolled in, Moon is also up lighting the whole area, beer has run out and up early! Catch you all on the flip side. :)

Night Soupy Soupster - ooh, just think, exactly one week from now we'll hopefully be having a couple of beers and doing a bit of viewing together. Fingers crossed. excited.com :)

Can't wait till next week Vicky! No purchases from me till then don't want to displease the cloud gods ;)

I made my first on-line purchase of a new EP last week, and it arrived safely this morning. Took a punt on a BST Explorer 18mm as they have been well recommended. Looks like a lovely EP, and can't wait to try it out. It was up for only £25 including P&P, so thought I'd take the plunge on my first on-line order. Looks in good nick - nice and clean. That's it for purchases for me for now :)

Hope Mark and Gain are having a good time at the Astro-Fest - bet that Mark will be burning a hole in the credit card lol ;)

Archived