Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I'm booked in for a bird of pray photo shoot in the morning some were along the side of kielder water on Saturday but would be cool if we could Mark

I'm up for a drive out Saturday afternoon if Soupy is. It'll be good to meet up. Is your wife back on her feet again now Mark?

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up for a drive out Saturday afternoon if Soupy is. It'll be good to meet up. Is your wife back on her feet again now Mark?

She is a lot better thanks Vicky. I will have a chat with her and I'm sure we can

Mark

Eric, there are lots here who will gladly help you sort out a very powerful battery system for a fraction of the cost of a SW Power tank. So the lesson is not to sneak off next time ;)

OK. Sneaking off is a habit I developed from work Soupy, must remember to stop doing it now I am retired. 

Cheers Eric

Hi peeps, just started a new thread called WADAS events. Might be an idea to follow this.

If there are any meet ups, society meetings or other events we are holding it would be a good idea to keep those posts there so people can easily follow if we are meeting up. It can be difficult to keep track of this thread as it moves on so fast and people might miss the chance for a meet up.

Hope this is agreeable with everyone and hopefully it resolves possible missed observing opportunities.

Feel free to now carry on as before. ;)

Hi peeps, just started a new thread called WADAS events. Might be an idea to follow this. If there are any meet ups, society meetings or other events we are holding it would be a good idea to keep those posts there so people can easily follow if we are meeting up. It can be difficult to keep track of this thread as it moves on so fast and people might miss the chance for a meet up. Hope this is agreeable with everyone and hopefully it resolves possible missed observing opportunities. Feel free to now carry on as before. ;)

Super stuff Soupy! Now following your new thread to keep informed with meet-ups and events.

p.s. I've not told Ursula about the other thread to keep posts on there to a minimum as requested ;)

Just been to see The Martian it's a really enjoyable film I would recommend it to everyone. All except Ursula because she would not be able to talk through it [emoji12]

Mark

Don't you mean she wouldn't be able to shut up through it? ;)

Just been to see The Martian it's a really enjoyable film I would recommend it to everyone. All except Ursula because she would not be able to talk through it [emoji12]Mark

Oi cheeky! ;) I hate it when people talk through a film. Think that's why I hardly ever go to the cinema. All that noise and people eating and talking. Ugh! Really want to see The Martian though - looks brilliant and Matt Damon is fab in everything he's done.

This month's AN magazine has an 8 page special on The Martian, and investigates whether we would be able to achieve a manned mission to Mars. Really interesting stuff, and they highly rate the scientific accuracy of the film. However, weighing everything up, I don't think a manned mission to Mars is something that will happen in the foreseeable future. Worth a read though :)

Archived